1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has coming out open doors for you????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Backstory: The idea of being in a relationship was not in my future back then. I wanted to just be alone and not allow anyone into my life. The idea of ever being with someone I ignored simply because in my mind the idea most people had for me was to be with a guy and I knew this would not happen. I feel in just a year I have grown and realized maybe the idea of being in a relationship would be nice. The reason why I say this now is because one I finally came out to my family and for some reason this opened the door for me. Now I am not completely ready to be in a relationship at the moment, but the idea has run through my head more times now than ever in the past. Is this normal? In a way I still feel I am unworthy of love and afraid to let someone into my world, but in another way I would really like it too. I am on the fence since I guess it just depends if I ever find someone who feels the same way as I do for them. I am still a virgin and the idea of being physically close makes me nervous; mainly because you are showing vulnerability and ah the emotional part too scares me just because of other issues I am working on at the moment. So to end it. Did many doors open for you when you came out? Meaning did you finally realize you may actually want a relationship? Or have you always felt this?