1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just need to talk

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by adavis0820, Apr 10, 2014.

1. adavis0820

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so I have a lot on my mind right now. I have recently come to the realization that I am bi. I am completely confident in myself. I just am afraid on how this will effect my relationship with my parents. I think my mom will still accept me for who I am, but I don't have any clue on how my dad will react. If my extended family finds out I have no idea on how they will react. I just feel really confused and conflicted right now:confused:

2. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Well there are plenty of ways to test the waters when it comes to family. You can always ask for your parents' views on gay marriage or [LGBT discrimination event] happening in [country]. I'm sure there are plenty of other more eligible people here as my coming out was a complete screw up in the way I had done it XD Also- unless you feel very concerned about having your parents know, until you start fancying a person of the same-sex is when you need to come out. G'luck mate.

3. juliegt6

The uncertainty and fear of rejection to when you tell others will always be there when you come out to someone. That said, coming out is such a relief, and sometimes people surprise you in the best and most touching ways.

The way I've always done it is a presentation of facts and that's it. No negotiation of my orientation, no telling me it's a phase, just me saying it how it is. I've been heartbroken by how people treated me after coming out, and I've actually become very close and thrilled by some people who've taken it well.

So what I'm saying is that although it sucks to come out, it can also be really great. So good luck and hugs!

4. Opture

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone else has really covered it, but a good way to test the waters is bring up Ellen (or some other famous lgbt person)! My friend mentioned something about Ellen's beautiful wife to his mom and was able to get a feel for how she stood on LGBTQ stuff. :grin:
    GOOD LUCK!!