1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Being Fooled by Myself?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by breathmints, Apr 11, 2014.

1. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm in love with a friend, but I also feel like I might just be trying to fill the space my ex left blank.

Just recently my ex broke up with me, a little after a year of being together. We both felt it would not work out, as they were sexual, and I am not. Before I had been together with them, after my breakup before that, I felt myself kind of floating around friendships and seeing if I had interest in any of my friends. I thought I was in love with a friend, but I was really unsure. After I found who is now my ex, I completely discarded those thoughts.

Now that I'm single again, I've set my eyes on a friend. I'm just scared that somewhere in my mind this crush isn't real. She's been a dear friend to me, although we've only ever met irl once. I talk to her on a near day to day basis. I think I really love her but at the same time my heart might be fooling me again... Not to mention I'm pretty sure she's straight. She's also a couple years younger than me.

I just need some advice of what to do. I'm thinking I should wait this out so I don't make things awkward. Has anyone else felt like this?