1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, so what now?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sal, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Sal

Sal Guest

(Viewers beware, your in for a... long-ish post)

So this isn't the first time I've talked about my issues with being a third wheel. I've taken a lot of your advice and I thought things were getting better, but they haven't. And I don't think they will.

Let me just start with a description of what happened. My friend asked me to stay after to help with a club, one that she is president of, and I agreed. By staying after I limited my modes of transportation home to just her and she was aware of this. I have a younger sibling to care for and had to be home by a certain time, something else she was aware of. We've never encountered a problem with staying for clubs until recently.

I went to the club meeting, but she never showed up. I figured she was just talking to her, older, girlfriend who had recently cheated on her with a male co-worker, so i wasn't immediately concerned. But it began to get late and i started to worry, so I called her. And called her, and called her. 5 times I called and she didn't respond. So i went around the whole school, all four floors, asking everyone if they had seen her. They hadn't and I became more frantic with my search. I tried calling her a few more times and she finally picked up.

I asked her where she was and she told me that she was in her car. I asked if she was okay (note: her girlfriend had cheated on her, i assumed she was emotionally troubled) and she said she was fine; that she was just hanging out with her girlfriend in her car. By this point I was pissed for having worried for nothing and that she had ditched a club that she was the freaking president of! I told her that I was coming outside to lecture her and go home (it was really late) but she told me to stop. She said that i wasn't to come to the car for at least another 20 mins. I was confused and asked her why, but she just repeated her order and hung up.

Upon my return to the club room everyone asked me where she was and I relayed the phone conversation to them. They all gave me weird looks and one girl became upset for some reason. They told me that I should go to the car, and I did eventually. I started my walk to the car and saw my friend's girlfriend try to sneak pass me. Her hair was disheveled and I couldn't see her body due to her sitting really low in her car. I got in my friend's car and found her there with a guilty expression, surrounded by clothes that didn't belong to her. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what had happened.

My friend had ditched me for 2 hours and let me panic while she was engaging in sexual intercourse with a girl who had cheated on her and lost her virginity to a guy 4 days prior. I'm feeling pissed off , grossed out, and betrayed.

I just... I really don't know what to do at this point. I let my hopes get up. I thought they were finally breaking up and I was getting my friend back. But, no, now she's been taken even further away from me.

Funny thing is, I don't mind that much. In all honesty, I'm sick and tired of dealing with her drama. My life has gotten worse since befriending her. I'd rather go back to being a bullied loser than have to put up with her shit any more. But I can't just ditch her. I used to be the one who depended on her, but now the roles have reversed. It's her that needs me and as much as I might want to, I cant abandon her. Aside from her girlfriend and I, she has no one. She's been cheated on once, it can happen again and that will hurt her. But when I leave, it will destroy her. I do not want to break this girl, my friend, but I will not let myself be broken by her.

So EC, what next?

(sorry about spelling errors, i didn't care to correct them)

#1 Sal, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Mehmeister

i think you should stand by her, after being cheated on can be a hard and confusing time. it really does suck, but regardless you should stand by her. because once everything has blown over you two will be amazing friends! trust me on that one please! it really does suck to be abandoned by a friend and i know because I've been abandoned to! besides, if she looks to you for help that is great (although i will admit it can be stressful). you should keep at it!

Hope this helps!

3. Normally, I would say ditch her because it sounds like you are better off without her, but then there's this:

to which I completely agree. Give it a while to see if she's just acting out because of the hurt of being cheated on. If her sourness and lack of responsibility in the friendship continues, it would be best for you to find a true friend. But as Memeister suggested, it can be a confusing time for her right now. Don't be too quick to judge, but also keep your best interests at heart.