1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my straight bestfriend obssessed with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MikeNM, Apr 12, 2014.

1. MikeNM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First off, I'm new to this site so please bare with me haha. I'm a 16 year old junior (almost a senior) in high school and my best friend(let's call him Victor) is a 18 year old senior about to graduate. Victor and I have been best friends for years, and were so close we consider each other family (He even lived with my family and I for awhile after some problems with his parents). We pull time out our busy lives to see each other every weekend, and we always talk to each other about things we can't tell other people, with him knowing I'm bi and being completely supportive. For years we always talked about being roommates after we both graduate and as we got closer to graduation, we began to plan it as a serious thing. Things happened however and Victor got his girlfriend pregnant. With this turn of events, our plans understandably changed about being roommates, but only for me. I mean that because even though he plans to live with his girlfriend and baby, he still wants me to live with them , and when I tell him I really shouldnt since he is going to be raising a family with his girlfriend , he won't listen to it. When I bring up moving away for college he noticeably gets bothered and says that I'll be leaving him here alone and spends hours trying to convince me to stay here with him. Recently I've realized that it REALLY feels like we're dating at times, something that I pointed out to him, but with him saying he didnt mind. I know for a fact that he's straight, but is the way he's acting normal for a guy expecting a baby with his girlfriend? Am I just looking to much into it? We've told each other several times that we love each other as family, and I honestly get really sad thinking about being away from my best friend, but its life you know? Is his behavior weird and slightly obsessive or is it just me thinking to much into it? Again sorry for how long this was haha.

#1 MikeNM, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. luckrunningout7

I believe that he wants you to live with him because he is scared of having a family, and since your his closest friend and your going to be his roomate, he feels that he's losing you and he needs someone to talk to. And not about having a baby or it needing this or that. He just wants someone to hangout with. My advice... Even though you and Victor are getting older, I think you should stay friends and keep doing whatever you were doing before the baby. Maybe talk out the whole situation of moving in. Or tell him you'll be there for him. Because you guys have a beautiful friendship that not too many have. Hope this helped.

3. WearyWanderer

I agree with this. You should definitely sit down and talk with him about the whole situation, tell him how you feel about it honestly, but reiterate that you will always be there for him. I hope things end well for the both of you. :slight_smile: