1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jelous for no reason?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EarlyBird, Apr 13, 2014.

1. EarlyBird

EarlyBird Guest

About a year ago I had a crush on a very close friend. Eventually I told her about it and she was very cool about it. She said she loved me to death but didn't feel that way about girls in general. I accepted it. I was disappointed for a bit, but then moved forward. But since this time, this girl has started to put down anybody that I was interested in or dating. Another friend noticed as well and made comments that it is jealousy, or that maybe she misses the attention from me. Is this normal? I am no longer interested in this friend but I'm finding myself annoyed that I can't talk to her about people I may be interested in without her being borderline-mean at times. She insists she is straight as a ruler so what's the problem!?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah she could be jealous and yes it's probably normal.

That doesn't mean you have to put up with it.

Next time she does it, call her out on it. Ask her to her face "Why is it whenever I tell you I like someone you always go out of your way to find something bad about them without acknowledging the good?"

If she's smart she'll tell you something like she wants to make sure you haven't overlooked some major character flaw.

If YOU are smart, you'll respond with something like "Yes, I noticed and I still like them."
    Then keep talking about them.

See what happens.

3. Axxel

Axxel Guest

Might just be that she's jealous as a friend. I think everybody's known at least one person who wants to be your one and only friend so you're available to them all the time.

4. EarlyBird

EarlyBird Guest

Thanks for the advice... she recently complained about my latest girl crush was too " and asked if I *really* liked her... I just let her know that I really really did!! At first I thought she may have been "disturbed" by me talking about girls the way I should talk about guys, but she did the same with a male-crush as well, calling him stupid and immature...ughh

btw I just noticed that my Avatar says "male" ... how do I fix that? (I am a female, and bi...if you hadn't already guessed).