1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

left boyfriend to become lesbian

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lezgirlsonly27, Apr 13, 2014.

1. lezgirlsonly27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all
    I am in a rather complicated situation right now, i have just old my boyfriend after two years of being together that it is over between us as I have realised that I am simply not into men anymore and I prefer women over men. I did keep it quiet for sometime as I was worried about his mental health and i ended ruining my mental health but I literally couldn't do and until the other day when we was together and I pulled away and cried, he wanted to know what was going on so i told them truth. Obviously I didn't tell him that I was gay completely just questioning myself and he accepted it.
    Basically I don't know what to do with myself? we are still friends and I see him on a weekly basis, but everytime I think of him I get really emotional and cry for a little bit then it goes away. what can i do right now should i give myself time to digest and get over it or should I start looking for that special someone.
    please advise me

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you COULD go looking for someone, but by the sounds of things you seem understandably broken up that your last relationship is over, even though you ended it.

Personally I'd give it a little while and explore yourself a bit before throwing yourself head first into something new.

3. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you're ready you're ready. No use rushing into anything if you've not gotten over your relationship. I think you ought to go out, enjoy the scene and if you meet someone and feel ready to move forward then you will.

Personally I don't think looking is always best. It can leave you frustrated and disheartened. One friend of mine met her long term gf in a coffee shop after accidentally spilling coffee on her. So clumsy and cute!

When it happens it happens, just try to be happy and enjoy life in the meantime.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think you need to take time to digest what happened and take things a bit at a time .

5. Calix

After I came out as trans me and my bf of two years broke up. He couldn't accept the idea of not having children possibly, since I didn't and still don't know. Unfortunately the flat tenancy doesn't end until September.

Luckily, we're still great friends so living together hasn't been horrible. But I have moments where I have to shut myself in the spare room and calm myself mentally. I doubt I'll be ready to move on even when September gets here to be honest xD

When you meet new people, just think of it as making friends and don't worry about the 'what if's'. When it's meant to happen and the right person is there, it'll all fall into place :slight_smile:

6. Calix

After I came out as trans me and my bf of two years broke up. He couldn't accept the idea of not having children possibly, since I didn't and still don't know. Unfortunately the flat tenancy doesn't end until September.

Luckily, we're still great friends so living together hasn't been horrible. But I have moments where I have to shut myself in the spare room and calm myself mentally. I doubt I'll be ready to move on even when September gets here to be honest xD

When you meet new people, just think of it as making friends and don't worry about the 'what if's'. When it's meant to happen and the right person is there, it'll all fall into place :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM ----------

Whoops, somehow I double posted :confused: sorry!