1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find ouf if he is gay or bi

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Eye Shine, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Eye Shine

okay so there is a friend I have fallen for. I am not sure if he is gay. All I know is that he does support LGBT community so he there's always a chance. I also have been noticing he touches me by hugging and sometimes pets my head. I've also seen him do it to other guys which kind of makes me jealous but that's not the point. The problem to me is finding out if he is gay or not. I know it's not an easy thing for people to tell others heck even I haven't told others but what do I say. Would this be a good way through phone it would be less intimidating how about this example you think it's okay?

Hey can I ask you a question

Probably would answer sure or what

This is serious and I'm not trying to be mean I'm just really curious. Are you gay or bi?

Yeah I actually like him a lot but I don't approve of predator gay.

2. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is he involved with any online social networks

3. Eye Shine

Yeah he is. We're also friends on it but he doesn't put what gender he is interested in on it.

4. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you're considering asking that question so direct, make sure you say you come out to him. Say that you're gay before you get to the "are you gay or bi" part. This way he won't be afraid to tell you but he might not say anything, as the guy I like came out to me a month later after I came out to him. (I didn't ask him if he was gay or not, I only came out to him)

5. Eye Shine

I guess you guys are right it would be better to tell him that I was gay first and find out his own orientation later. Thanks!

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, even if you ask directly, sometimes people will say no. I remember the only two times someone questioned me about my sexuality, and both times I denied it because I wasn't ready.

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2014 at 10:43 PM ----------

Also, sometimes people will on their own state their own sexuality when you come out to them. I guess it's probably the most natural response.

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, better to come out to him first and get a bit more closer to him as a friend. You might not even need to ask him; after coming out he might just tell you straight away, which is the best case scenario :grin: