1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes and confused

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Getloki, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Getloki

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, lets talk a "little" about me and whats have been happening since January

Before telling the story, let me tell you about the educational system here. The high school is divided in three years. The students are randomly choosen at the beggining of the semester to wich class he is going to be until the end of the semester. And the school start in February, ending in December. There is two vacations a year. One in the July's month (summer vacation), and another that join the end and beggining of years (December and January). Let me tell you the story already

There is this guy, lets call him A. We spent the first semester in the same class, we really didn't talked too much and I had none interest on him. Summer vacation started and ended, and we were at the same class again, but suddenly he got extremely attractive (even that he changed nothing) and i found my self crushing hard on him. We started talking a liltle, not that much, most because I was extremely anxious, shy and antisocial (what a year 2013 was. Someone please burn that year). I did had a therapist, that i never told about my sexuality since i've never wanted to be not-straight, but she really helped me end this social-anxiety and shyness.

2014 came, and I was feeling so much better, i was actually happy at the beggining of the year (still am, not as much, but still). Destiny is some sadist creature (I'm really trying to not curse here). A is in the same class as I am, again. As always attractive, and sometimes I think that he might be at least bi, and sometimes I think that I'm blinding myself from reality. Even thought I liked him (a lot) and wanted to be with him, I decided "Hey, let's just be friends, maybe the crushing fades away" and we got closer, friends I might say, but the crushing still..."Well, it's better than nothing". But even thought, i was feeling confused. At the same time I really wanted him, I did not because I should not.

Well, since it's a new year, new students came, the "freshmen". And it got more confusing. There is a new guy, a freshman, lets call him B. At first i thought, that was normal, i was having two crushes, it's normal isn't it? Well, lets fast forward to this week (April's 7th to 12th), Tuesday specifcally. Was late at school, and I was with a friend waiting for our parents come pick us, and basically there was just us at the school (it was night already), and we decided wait outside the school, next to the front entrace, and there was B alone. I had sit down in the bench, while my friend was stand up, we were talking about the sky but that really doesn't matter, but then B parent's came, and he passed by us, an then this happened: While he passed by, we made eye contact, we stared at each other's eye for 5 second until he reached the car. I've never really have made eye contact for so long and never felt that way, there is no way better to explain, but the feeling was that he was entering my soul, reaching every secret, and i just felt naked, enable to defend myself. There is no better way to explain. Seriously.

And this was enough to confuse me nuts. I really don't know anymore. I was just asking myself what it could mean, if he was insterested, how could someone be interested in me, if there was something wrong with me that i did not notice, or if he was just trying to be friendly, or if was just deceveing myself and our eye contact meant nothing. Well, I've found myself constantly thinking about him threw the week, not just him but A, but my feelings for B seems bigger. I don't know if I still have some feeling for A, but at the same time i feel bad with the idea that i might dont feel nothing for him anymore and that I still have some light crush on him. Well, lets fast forward i little bit more, to Friday.

On Friday, there is this one thing that happened. I was at a friend class, waiting him at the door since he was searching a book to lend for some guy, I listened a voice and i thought "Wait....is that B?", i looked backwards and there he was, not just he was passing by but again, we made eye contact, for 2 seconds or something and he left. It didn't felt like the first time, but I did felt something in the stomach (butterflies in the stomach if i might say) and just got me more confused about my questioning about him.

And where I want to get with this? I really don't know, I'm so confused about my sexuality, it's clearly that i'm not straight, but even that I have crushes from both genders, i not sure if can say that i'm bi. I really don't want like guys, i'm not religious or something, but is that i really feel that is wrong, even knowing it's not a choice. I have this ridiculous tought that i should like girls only, because that is what society expects. But at the same time that one side of says that I should not like guys, the other half doesn't help, I can not stop liking guys.

What i'm basically asking for,it's not just somewhere that I can (finally) talk about what I feel, but advice from you all to try at least figure out what I am, if i should or should not embrace my sexuality after figuring it out, what this eye contacts with B might mean, and if i should try something with him or do nothing, if I still have some feeling towards A ...
    I know that i'm the only one that can figure myself out, but I can't do this alone.

Sorry for the long post :icon_redf

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The gender of who you love is never wrong. Repressing your sexuality will lead to a lot of stress and pain, so it's best to work with what your subconscious is telling you.

The eye contact with B can mean many things. Some people just stare more than others. It's best to try and approach him just as a friend to see if there is something more.

Also, with A, what progress have you had on figuring out his own interests? Has he said he's straight or in a relationship with a girl?

Right now, you're not "exclusive" to A or B, so you shouldn't feel bad if your feelings drop for one or the other. The main thing is try to understand what they may be feeling; it's not useful to pursue a guy who is most likely straight.

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Society has conditioned us to expect nothing but "straightness" from ourselves.

Ask yourself -

When you make eye contact with B, and you get the "butterflies" in your stomach and that incredible, unique feeling we call love, does it feel wrong at that moment? I'd imagine not. If it doesn't feel wrong to you, and it's not hurting anyone, there is nothing wrong with it. It's a beautiful thing.