1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

totally flipped out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sam2, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So a little history before telling this story.
    I knew i was gay at age 8 as everyone here knows, it's not a choice to like the same gender (at least not for me), and i first learned what people thought about that at the same age, I said something like "Why can't gay people get married?" and before i knew if my whole 5th grade class was throwing things at me and calling me a fag. fast forward 10 years to the present. I still deal with this and have developed a bit of an anger management issue.
    Anyway there's a kid who loves to throw the fag word around like it means nothing. he called me a faggot today and i confronted him. I said "look buddy i don't want a problem here. But it's people like you who cause kids to commit suicide, its people like you who are slowing down the progression of humanity as a whole. There's no room for your hate anymore, so kindly shut your mouth" He just laughed, and said "kids who are faggots should kill themselves." that's when things turned red. my teeth started clenching up and i tried one last time "Apologize" i said. he then spit in my face. I swung hard as i could, and knocked him out cold with one punch. I also broke his nose. I try to embrace peace every chance i get but this was the last straw, and i just snapped. I did however convince the cop at our school to let me stay to make sure i didn't seriously hurt him. I didn't (Unless you consider a broken nose serious). To be honest i feel well.. (!) haha

but I'm suspended again. and i know I've just opened pandora's box. others will want to fight me now. and chances are they'll call me a fag too. anyone else constantly feel like they're on the breaking point? stuck between i just don't care anymore and no one can know? I'm so depressed and angry that i can't be myself its just too easy for me to snap like that. It's an issue I don't think i'll get over till everyone knows I'm gay. cuz after 12 or so years of being beaten and harassed, I'd rather hurt someone before they can hurt me... so Am i just crazy? or does that make sense?

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2014 at 06:20 PM ----------

Oh yea and even though i know without the shadow of a doubt that he deserved it. I can't help but feel bad, like there must have been some other way to deal with the situation. Damn conscience.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think others are going to fight someone who can deliver a one-hit knock out.

But, you should really try to avoid any physical confrontations again; though, if you have been bullied before, it's probably a good idea to take some self-defense classes.

3. Kat 5

Buy some pepperspray or something. Or just use your falcon punch that knocked out that dick.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go you Sam! :thumbsup: :slight_smile: and u should feel good dammit fight the power and take back your life any assholes that get in the way on your rode just run them over and move on and no your not crazy after 12 years of that stupid shit I would go mentally insane and probably kill someone but typically I like to keep things verbal :slight_smile: and yes it may feel good but u do feel bad I know how that feeling is this one girl was bullying me (I know pathetic right) and so I stood up to her amd said "u r nothing but a dumb fat ass fucking bitch" and I felt bad about saying it but at the same time I felt great! Anyway don't live your life with regrets and keep your head up high :slight_smile:

5. Caillin

Id recommend seeing someone about your anger issues if you are not. You really should avoid physical confrontation as well.

6. dapulu

After dealing with it for years and in many different ways, including violence, I found it easier to just rationalize what they said and find the logic in it, and then either accept or reject their statement. Sometimes I'd joke about it. A while later I noticed that if you give them attention they'll always come back, so I'd just ignore the entirety of their being unless they invaded my personal space or just directly offend me physically. I'd even recurr to the teachers and counselors and all that and if the transgressors'd tell me I'm a coward or whatever I'd answer: "I'm not. You don't drop your BS so I had to use other means"

Example: "faggots should die". Logical thinking: "that's homofobic and like neo-nazism. There're all kinds of homosexual people who contribute to society in one way or another, and their sexual preferences has nothing to do with their worth as human beings." So I disagree with his statement and just answer, if I do: "no, they don't" And that's it.

If someone calls me fag or homo or whatever, I'd always respond: "No, I'm just homo", but generally just ignore the offensive words because I understand that the words they spoke of do not represent my being, so it's not true. When I felt nice, I'd repond to an insult like "fucking faggot", with: "Only on thursdays" and if they kept insisting I'd be like: "I'm not interested in you, so deal with your shit and stop bothering me" or with "you must be jealous to be so insistent"

Also I generally think of how little their self-esteem must be and how hard it must be if they're actually in the closet and put that front up because of their jealousy of someone fully accepting his/her sexuality and not giving a fuck about it. Most of the kids that bothered me had a big messed up life, I know for a fact. So that was probably their way of dealing with their shit. Some others just needed to feel superior...a lot actually. And there are others who were religious, and other who just couldn't accept it. But there were also those who didn't care and those were worth it.

But I learnt how to deal with it. And each time they kept calling me that, I realized that I was truly a homo, not a fag because that has another meaning in it. And I accepted myself even more. Of course, one way or the other there was always this guy who needed a beating. But that's it.

This has probably to do with the fact that you're still not out and all that self-accepting. I stopped internalizing what other people told me I was and start truly debating what I truly was. And until I started accepting myself as I am and actually caring for who I was I kept on caring what others said.

It gets better :slight_smile: Just keep figthing in the non-violent way

Keep us updated and best of luck :slight_smile:

#6 dapulu, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always try to avoid violence, but if need be, use a swift kick in the nuts.

But on a serious note: Have you gone to anyone at school and told them how he started this, and you were defending yourself? After all, he spit on you. If need be, I'd even lie. Say he hit you first. Sometimes, you have to play dirty with people, as the world does not always favor the fair. The path to justice can be crooked.

8. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks every one I gotta respond to one of these at a time.
    @HuskyPup: There were camera's and what not. I got 8 days out of school suspension, he got a month haha :slight_smile: a teacher over heard the conversation and saw it all go down, she had my back.

@dapulu wow that's impressive, I try to be like that but i seem to have a point where i just flip. Nothing but Jew and Gay jokes gets me like that. And let me clarify, I don't care if friends or whoever likes to poke fun. On a daily basis my friends ask me where my "Jew Gold" is and i don't care, because I know they don't hate Jews, just giving me a hard time, plus its back and forth I make fun of them as well. When someone says something like he did "fags should die" something that is (regardless of the reason they said it) genuinely hateful, I get really angry. I do internalize it and either get depressed or pissed. I think like you said It probably has to do with me hiding.

9. DangerAlex

Take comfort in the fact that teens and adolescents are unnecessarily cruel. They prey on the weak or what they perceive as weakness in order to feel strong themselves. Usually the bullies are the most miserable people around; some have terrible lives at home and bully others as a means of exercising some semblance of control in their lives and the lives of others. Threatening/scaring someone they see as vulnerable makes them feel powerful when most times they feel completely powerless.

I pity bullies. But seeing the damage they cause, I also resent them. My feelings toward bullies are pretty complex. But I guess I wanted to agree with those who said to avoid violence. You don't want to be the type of person who fights back by resorting to the same or similar methods as the terrible people who provoke you. The "high road" is the best road; although it's almost always the hardest to take, it's also the most satisfying in the long-run. Case in point: Hitting your bully initially made you feel better, but now you feel a lot of guilt.

Things will and do get better, especially once you're out of high school. Sometimes young people are just awful, closed-minded, naive people with no life experience and uneducated opinions, usually just regurgitating the hate they grew up listening to. Half the time you can't even fault them for their prejudices because they were taught to hate rather than to accept. Thankfully, the times they are a-changin' and the haters are becoming outnumbered.

For example: Ten years ago, maybe even as little as five years ago, if I would have walked down the street holding hands with my boyfriend, we would have been verbally tormented. Today, we do walk down the street holding hands, and almost every single time at least one person will come up to us and tell his how adorable and what a cute couple we are. In the year we've been together, we've never had a single nasty look or comment.

Like that pro-tolerance campaign says, it does get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.