1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This might sound pathetic

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Myhipsdolie, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Myhipsdolie

So lately I've come to realise that many (if not all) of my friends have formed really good online friendships. By that I mean they have friends from all over the world and they talk all the time. Just like any other friendship but without meeting in person. However, a lot of them plan to meet up one day.

This sounds really dumb but at this stage in my life, especially since I'm going though uni and don't get out a lot, I feel like I really need that kind of friendship.

I wonder if anyone else feels this way?

I must make it clear that this is in no way a desperate plea from me for you all to rush to my rescue*, but really what I'm asking is, do you know anyone who feels like this? Do you feel like this?

I almost feel like the time has past to make online friends. It's like how you can't get famous on certain websites now because the famous ones are already there.

This is really dumb and I'm really tired, but a big thanks to anyone with advice!

*but if you need help of anything drop a message on my wall and i'll be happy to give you advice :slight_smile:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is if you want that kind of friendship you can still have it, you just have to work harder for it now.

It's easier to create friendships like that when you're younger because you had more free time to spend at the computer. I ran a multi-national society for years, had friends all over the world some of whom I met, many would have happily met up if we'd had the funds to get to them. I managed that because I spent about 16 hours a day on the computer and would talk to them all that time.

I'd love to have that kind of friendship again, but I won't have it on that scale. That doesn't mean I can't find a couple of people and work on a good friendship with them.

It's not pathetic at all :slight_smile:

3. Myhipsdolie

Yeah I had a feeling that it would be much harder to work for!
    Maybe I'll focus on this during vacation, much more time then.

I actually feel jealous of my other friends haha, but yeah. I know what you mean. I have much less free time now.

4. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Developing deep friendships gets harder with age but I think that is all the more proof of their strength when it does happen. You'll find "your people," don't worry. :slight_smile: