1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a Crush? And all things crush related.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UnknownNerd, Apr 15, 2014.

1. UnknownNerd

I have some feelings I have been trying to sort though.

First, do you think you can have multiple crushes? I get weird feelings around several (2) guys.

Second, do you think these feelings sound like crushes?

When I am around these two guys, I sometime get the intense feeling of wanting to be physically closer to them (hugging, kissing, cuddling, and other romantic things). I often notice attractive features about them (hobbies, personality, and physical traits). Around them I don't usually get nervous. I am pretty relaxed around these guys. I don't often feel like I need to hide anything (other than the fact I may have feelings for them).

Third, any advice on how to handle these situations may be useful. I don't think any of them could ever feel the same. It's a sad fact I accept.

2. newfish

Yes I would say you can have multiple crushes.

For the second part of your question, I think so.That's how about how I feel with my crush, but the whole Gray-A thing makes it a little confusing to me.

And now I'll try to answer the last question. I guess if you think they'd be fine with knowing that, you could tell them at some point and see how it goes. There's still the risk that they won't be okay with it and it could damage your relationship with them. If you think that chance is too high, then move on, as much as it may hurt.

3. UnknownNerd

Thank you for answering me quickly.

Sorry for my asking, but what's Gray-A mean?

And I kind of though telling them would be a bad idea. So I think I will keep it to myself. For now.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well.... it's perfectly normal to find people attractive, which is all I think this is at this point. I think a crush is more when you actually like someone enough that you want to be with them in a relationship. So yeah, no need to worry or feel guilty about finding multiple people attractive :slight_smile:

What can you do?
    Well, there's usually no harm in spending more time with the people you're attracted to to find out if you click together. Even if it doesn't end up as a relationship, you could just make a good friend. If you do find that you really like one of them, you can try and flirt, or come out to them or bring up LGBT topics to see how they respond. If they turn out straight, well then you just move on from the romantic feelings but still end up with a friend (hopefully).

5. Friendly Lion

Gray-A (asexual and graysexual) means you want a romantic relationship but don't desire/rarely desire to make that relationship sexual. I'm an asexual :slight_smile:

But, yeah, your crushes seem completely healthy and it's normal to like more than one person at once. If you want a relationship with them, as the above said, just try flirting or bringing up some LGBT topics and their response will tell you a lot. Good luck!

6. UnknownNerd

How would I go about bringing up LGBT topics? It would seem a little weird to suddenly bring them up in a conversation one day out of no where.

7. Kabuki

You could use a famous person or something. Maybe some news about the lgtb community. Those are the things that I feel might work. For example X-Men Days of the future past is coming out soon, and you know Ellen Page is lesbian, right? Well you could use her as a bridge to start asking him about the way he things about lgtb people. It might work, it might not, but you could give it a try.