1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure what to do about this :S

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kaguyayugami, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kaguyayugami

Out Status:
    Some people
    So...this is sort of a mess of a story, please bear with me!

I have a friend that is younger than me, and she is definitely queer. We talk a lot about these issues, and have become close thanks to that. Up until recently, she was dating someone her age, but broke it off because she thought they'd be better as friends. They'd been dating for two years, but neither of them are upset about the breakup at all.

This is sort of where the problem set in. She's...really cute. And I like talking to her, and I may have developed a crush on her. The issue is that she just came out of a relationship, she's younger than me, we won't be able to see each other very much because I leave for college soon, and I'm not even sure if she would be interested in me at all.

She does flirt with me, but I've noticed she does that sort of thing to a few people. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but she tends to flirt with me a bit more, always saying that I'm her "favorite." She even said that when we were younger she thought about dating me. I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but I'm all confused now...

If I'm going to confess to her, time is running out, as I graduate in May, so I'm a little nervous about everything.
    What do you guys think? Should I say something to her, or just let the crush die? I'm bad at these things, so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What do you have to lose? It seems like a no-brainer.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a thought but how old is she and how old are you? We already have one thread going on where someone wants to date someone going off to college and we pretty much agreed because of his age is was a bad move...

4. kaguyayugami

Out Status:
    Some people
    The thing I have to lose is possibly her friendship... I'm just not sure if it would be a good idea at this point, since I'm not entirely sure how she feels about her breakup. If she's still upset about it but hiding it, I don't want to seem like an ass by asking her out right afterward, you know?

And I'm 18, she's 16 soon to be 17. That was another of my main concerns; even though I'm not going too far for college, it'll be difficult, I think...