1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by maselalala, Apr 16, 2014.

1. maselalala

So I'm 16, and I'm feeling lonely. I've tried looking around me for someone, but I can't find anyone. And I mean there's the internet, but I don't know what websites are good to use for dating, and I don't think I'm old enough for a dating website... But I want someone to be with, someone to cuddle with on chilly days. Just. Someone. <3

2. DangerAlex

Feeling lonely is like the quintessential adolescent experience. What you are feeling is very, very common among pretty much all teens, so in that respect you're definitely not alone.

Finding someone outside of the typical teenage stomping grounds--like school, clubs, extracurricular, etc.--is, unfortunately, going to be limited as far as options go. There aren't any dating sites for the underage as far as I know. Even Craigslist (used more to satisfy carnal urges than to make any lasting connections, although the latter does happen sometimes) requires that you be 18.

So yeah, underage teens don't have many options aside from the standard ones. I'd recommend just making new friends. Chances are there are plenty of people in your own school that you've never met, and there's probably quite a few you'd get along with quite well. You might also try becoming more involved in school-related events, like going to football/basketball/baseball games and things like that. Meeting new people is intimidating in theory, but once you get out there and start talking to new people you'll see that it gets easier and easier and isn't as scary as you thought.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck!

3. maselalala

Wow that's helpful! :grin:
    Thank you for your reassuring words! :slight_smile:

4. DangerAlex

No problem, I'm happy you found them helpful.