1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Likes me, or doesnt like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mackel, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Mackel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi! This is my first post. Today in class a few friends of mine were teasing me about a movie my neighbor had taken me to see, captain america. They all insist it was a date, and im late to sign up for this website anyway, so I figured, what better place to ask!

A couple weeks ago he had taken me out to a restaurant; just him and I, nothing special, TGIF. And then yesterday, where he took me to a movie, chunkies, so leather chairs and you eat there as you watch the movie, and he offered to pay the tab (tickets included).

He had dated one of the girls poking fun as well as another girl for a whole year (and didnt do anything but kiss her)

SO! Im dangerously oblivious. What would it sound like to you guys, lifehood friend being nice, or maybe a little too nice? :icon_wink
    Honestly im hopeful but too shy to do anything, ive loved him to death for like 2 years x.x

2. IG88

Hi Mackel, welcome to EC! First of all, I think it's great that you and your neighbor can have fun and hang out together. Even better, you guys can hang out at each others' houses since you live close by. As for him liking you, it sounds like he enjoys your company – enough to want to chill just the two of you – but I don't know if he likes you.

How often do you hang out? What is his response when other people are teasing about your "dates?" Does he know you're gay?

3. Mackel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He doesnt know I am actually! And as for my friends in school he just started college so he has a year on me and doesnt know about what they say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I thought itd be fun to ask someone of the community. I feel like its just for company too.
    We see eachother as much as school and work lets us, lol, often and not.
    The last thing i want to do is draw conclusions from a couple get togethers like my school friends do, though i will let time tell. Thanks for the greet! :slight_smile:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These are all things that close friends would do, so there's no smoking gun from your description. However, you don't say anything about his behavior or conversations with you. How does he interact/look at you?

edit: You need to come out to him. That will give the best signal that you might have a crush on him and/or you are a safe person to talk to if he's questioning his own sexuality.

5. LostAndAffraid

Yeah. I see no proof of anything on your post, he'll me and my friends will pay for each other's nights out all the time if we know one of us can't afford it.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best thing to do is either come out to him, start getting touchy-flirty and see how he responds, or bring up LGBT topics and see how he responds.

Let us know how it goes!

7. Mackel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you! And everyone else who replied, I hope to soon :slight_smile:
    Happy i chose to come here, ill post on the forums later if anything comes up ^^