1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "gay" friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I have this friend who acts gay, sometimes. For examples on a trip I have held his hand, not in public though but like when we were together. I have him a hug and he gave one back. He accepts my hugs. I myself treat him as if he was my boyfriend because I can do anything romantically with him, except go on dates. The main issue here is if he is gay or not.

I don't want to ask him because he gets deeply offended by that.
    He could be very friendly
    He could be more open than others
    He could be bi
    He has kissed a girl
    We are very close as friends

Anyways I need opinions

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be that he's curious, but if he feels offended when you ask him about it and he doesn't want to tell you, I wouldn't push him any further.
    If he is curious, the best way you can help him is to be supportive of him. Don't be up in his face about it, don't bring it up to him, just be friendly and open-minded, and listen to him if he ever needs it.
    Be there if he needs you, but don't harass him about it otherwise.

If he's not straight, you shouldn't try to force that answer out before he's comfortable with it himself.

3. LostAndAffraid

I agree with tj, just be open and supportive, the fact he doesn't shy away when you're treating him as a boyfriend is a pretty good sign though. I wouldn't force the issue but let him know without blurring it out that you would be open to a relationship, you know intense eye contact, the lingering touch. Make sure he knows how you feel without freaking him out.

I hope this works out well for you.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult to tell...
    I think the only way to find out is to come out to him and see how he responds, or ask him.... but it seems like both those options are problematic.... so I hope someone else has some advice :/