1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice on what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bryce17, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Bryce17

So heres the situation(i guess you could call it that) I have a friend that lives in another state(I lived there also thats how we became friends) and i have known him forever and he told me a few months before i left that he was bi and i have liked him for a long time now but the thing is we have done alot of things sexual and he was the first boy i did any of those with and i told him that i liked him alot and asked him what he felt about me and he said that he likes me as a friend alot and that i would be considered friends with benefits and told him back that im ok with that but im just wondering is it still normal to do all of the sexual things with him? i dont know how to really explain this i just want some advice on what to do im going to visit him this summer and im just really confused on what to do :frowning2: anything helps

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for the sake of clarification, which of the following are you asking:

1. Is it normal to be friends with benefits?
    2. Is it normal for friends to do sexual things together?
    3. Is it normal for friends with benefits to do sexual things together?

3. Bryce17

I would have to say probably 1 and 2

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK then.

Well, it's certainly not 'the norm' but it does happen. Lots of people have a 'friends with benefits' deal going on with someone, it's not inherently a bad thing if that's what you are worried about. How you feel about it will depend how much you enjoy sex without a relationship and if you can keep those things separate.

The big question I guess is this;

Do you actually WANT a 'friends with benefits' arrangement or would you rather something more (or nothing at all!)?

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well...
    I think as long as you're both wanting to do things as such, and that you're both prepared mentally for what it means to be FWB, then it should be harmless. Just make sure you're both willing and that you both understand each other. :slight_smile:

6. Bryce17

well thats the thing i dont mind FWB i mean i wish we could be more than that but i know thats all he would want hes not a big relationship person either i was mostly concerned with it not being weird in a sense

7. LostAndAffraid

It should be fine as long as you can keep you feelings out of the sex, like ellia said.

8. Bryce17

yea i understand but i feel like when we do have sex he puts his feelings in with it i guess is how you can say it i keep my feelings out just only because i dont want him to question it i dont know how to really explain it but i appreciate the help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. DangerAlex

I know what you mean. I've had sex to merely satisfy carnal urges; it was fun of course, but it was only surface deep, so to speak. But then having sex with my boyfriend is totally different. Today for instance,it was just so intense, so passionate... We kissed with this sense of urgency, like we were trying to devour each other. He pulled and held me so tightly against him, and there was just so much love in his eyes. It was incredible, totally different than having sex just to satisfy your needs.

I'd say as long as you don't let feelings get in the way--that can make a FWB situation utterly miserable, and I speak from experience--I say just have fun with him! But if you feel like you can't be sexual with him without falling for him, you might do yourself a favor and pass on being FWB.

Good luck.