1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How awful is this idea? I'm not thinking rationally... someone help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostlifeguard, Apr 17, 2014.

1. lostlifeguard

Ok, so I recognize that this may be stupid, but I'm really tempted to do it anyways, and I just need more opinions. I'm a college freshman, and there's this guy... We've drunkenly hooked up twice now spread out over a long period of time, and both times he pretended that nothing at all had happened, and I followed his lead.

Now, I'm kind of developing feeling for him. We're friends, but I just want him to like me. I know he recently liked someone else, which sucked to hear about, but that persons now in a relationship.

Both times we hooked up it was kind of detrimental to our friendship for a few weeks afterwards, but we recovered both times. I'm really tempted to just talk to him sometime this weekend when we're drunk, since I know I couldn't do it sober, and just tell him that I used to like him. That way I can find out how he feels about me, but then again, I would be saying it was in the past, so that way if he rejects me it's not as awkward.

Maybe my logic is just really flawed at the moment, but as of now, I want to go with this plan... Someone help me, either talk me down or let me know if you think this is actually good.

2. Friendly Lion

Now, this is just my opninion, but this doesn't really seem like the smartest of ideas. The thing about being drunk is, people aren't usually thinking correctly. His response might be totally different than how he actually feels which, of course, would create problems.

Also, about saying you "used to like him" might not be direct enough. It sounds like you want an actual relationship with him and saying your feelings for him no longer exsist probably won't help all that much.

I think it would be a better idea to try and be honest with him. Maybe ask if the times you two hooked up were just flings or something more. Asking how he feels about it will open up a conversation.