1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by couldnt, Apr 18, 2014.

1. couldnt

Hey guys, new here. Had to get some advice about the title of the thread basically.. So I'm in love with my straight best friend, I'm sure you've heard it all before hehe, well he says he's straight..

No one knows I'm gay, and there's been a couple of occasions where I've gotten drunk and basically when the guy I love is there, feel his body nd stuff.. He goes gym , great body, and this is always my excuse 'the morning after' , 'aww I just wanted to see what it's like to have pecs bud!' .. yeah wish it was that simple..

Pretty sure he expects me to be gay, my other friends don't , I don't go feeling them When I'm drunk, but he'll talk to me no problem on Facebook nd whatsapp and things after school, whereas the other guys say they never talk to him, but in school he doesn't really show me that much attention, only if it will make him look better with the other guys kinda thing , as if I'm chatting to the other guys bout something funny, he'll just join in to let them know he already knows the story or something, because I'd have told him since , yeah I love him and all, but he's also my best friend..

We've only shared one sober gay moment, a few months back he was trying on tshirts nd jeans in superdry , just us , nd I was waiting as he tried on jeans, and he came out, topless, I hasn't really seen him topless much before we joined the same gym, so I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing, and his pecs were kinda BULGING nd yeah couldn't control myself nd just started , caressing? Them.. Wasn't a quick squeeze, was just kinda mesmorized nd lost control.. At the time he was saying 'do they feel good?' Nd smiling at me , he kinda pulled me into the changing room nd drew the curtain, rested his arm against the mirror nd just stood there topless.. Not really knowing exactly what was happened I asked 'what are u doin..' And he just tried on a tshirt in front of me nd said he just didn't want to go out to show me outside the changing room because the staff embarrased him, after he just stood there topless in a pair of jeans? hmmm...

It's just a load of mixed signals, confusing and annoying, my only real plan for finding out what's actually in his head is just to get him drunk when we go on holidays next summer nd get alone somehow, it's too hard and risky at parties..

But yeah call me horrible , but I've a girlfriend of 2 months, I've never actually kissed her sober, but at parties we'll do stuff, but he's stopped coming out since I got a girl , so I dunno what's going on with him.. I genuinely care for her , lovely girl and has a heart of gold, and my head tells me I can make it work with her, but something in the back of my mind tells me if the guy I love wanted anything , id drop my girlfriend straight away.. If I still feel the way I do in the near future I'll have to dump my girl, before I could hurt her..

Basically came here for advice on my best friend/ guy I love situation, he's no beauty, not ugly either, but I always want to know what he's doing, not out of jealousy, I just do.. He'll show our friends 'progress' pics of different parts of his body, as in the difference between two muscles a few months apart after he grows them in the gym, but he'll never show me unless one of them say 'show...' And yes they would want him to show me cuz unff it's impressive.. :bang: but I'm always the first he tells when he gets good news, I'll go into school the next day and he'll be telling our friends what he told me last night.. I just don't know what's going on with him :tears: and us.. (*hug*)

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're really gay, then is it fair to your girlfriend that you're likely not interested in her as she is in you? It seems like breaking up with her (safely, maybe even coming out so she knows it wasn't her fault) would be beneficial for all "three" of you.

Once your single, you could see if you have the courage to come out to your best friend. It would be too awkward for you to ask him before this what his feelings are.

3. daanonymous

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yeah, that type of situation sucks. I would say just let it go. Because then it could be really hurtful.

I'm going through a situation like that where my friend has placed his elbow on my penis a couple of times to feel on it and he has allowed me to put my thing on him(on his leg, one time on his back, he moved and returned to the same place so that my thing could be touching his back, placed my dick on his butt one time lol and he just pretneded to be asleep but later I found out he wasn't). One time we were sleeping kinda cuddling and I put my hand down on his dick, I'm sure he felt it as he is a light sleeper and I also put my hand IN his boxers and was feeling his butt when he "woke up." The next morning he told our friends I was trying to put down his pants as a joke but never said the whole story. And we never talked about it. He never told me to stop or anything and even after that he would still continue to ''provoke'' me by touching me and things.
    But overall he always says he is into girls only. Now he got back with his girlfriend he had been broken up with for over a year and it sucks for me because he continues to flirt with me and throw me mixed signals. It fucked with my head a bit.

So I would just recommend to leave it alone. If he says he is straight, let him continue saying that until he is ready or you will be the one that will be hurt. He obviously isn't if he let you caress his chest though. But until he is ready to do something about it, just let it go buddy.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best thing to do would be to come out to him. Perhaps tell him how you're confused, you think you might be gay/bi and you don't know what to do about your girlfriend. Ask him for advice about it. I think that would set him up perfectly to see how he responds. As long as he isn't a homophobe.

If he doesn't accept it, or continues to say he's completely straight, then just drop it.