1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

typical straight friend crush// torn on what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by breathmints, Apr 18, 2014.

1. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a long time online friend. She's made it obvious she is straight, and does not have any intention of changing her mind. As seen from my profile, I'm agender and panromantic. Clearly, I'm outside of her preferences.

I'm just not sure I should tell her, 'cause I don't wanna ruin our friendship. We've only gotten the chance to meet irl due to her living a good 3 hours away from me. I plan to possibly go stay with her for a little while this summer, since we've only met once, and that was around 3 years ago. I just don't think know what she'd think if I told her, and this may crush our plans. I'd love to see her, but it's killing me not to tell her.

I just don't want to ruin a friendship, and really this has all be said before. Countless people have this very similar issue. You've heard it all before, but I'm really conflicted on this. I had an awesome friendship with one of her friends, but we broke up pretty badly and now it's just awkward between us. I don't want that to happen with her. I really feel a special attachment with her, though. I'll probably never get a response for something as cliche as this, but some advice is needed.

2. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

I totally understand what you're going through. Don't worry, we can do this :wink:
    I asked my unclarified-sexual-orientation friend out one day aaand... She said no. BUT THIS IS WHERE THE STORY LOOKS UP, MY FRIEND!!! Even though she said no, we're on really good terms, and I still consider her to be one of my best friends. If this girl truly likes you as a person, she'll do everything she can to try NOT to make it awkward. And if she does, hooray! Same friends, everything's cool. And if she doesn't, that's fine too. She was probably going to hurt you at some point later on. What I'm basicly saying is TAKE THE CHANCE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT LATER. Good luck!