1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RetroRhombus, Apr 18, 2014.

1. RetroRhombus

RetroRhombus Guest

So I am in love with my straight best friend. I have known hin since O was 3 and he was 4, and we are the best of friends. Whenever we hang out, we make jokes about us being gay. He also doesn't know I al gay. I have only come out to people in games. I have come so close to coming out to people, but most people I know are slightly homophobic. I live in a Christian family, that goes to church, goes to a Chistian school, and has Christoan values. I have strayed away from Christoanity, as I believe it has many flaws. I haven't even told anyone about that! So my friend is just like me in personality. He is hilarious, nice, loves to be with people, and is beautiful. He is rather short, blond hair, light blue eyes, a wonderul smile, an adorable stare, and is just so beutiful :slight_smile:! I love being around him, and same goes for him. We both share the same interests, of pokemon and videogames, and are inseparable. Wellaybe except for one thing, he is against gay people... ;( I know he isn't gay as I asked him and said it is perfectly fine if he is, and he denied it. He says gay people are gross and weird, but gives no good reasons to think this way. I just want to know if I should tell him I'm gay or if I shouldn't. I want to come out toy brother first, he has expressed his acceptance towards gays. I just want to be able to let people know who I really am.

Sorry if there are any typos, and thankyou for all answers. I love you all.

2. curiousguy5

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Retro,

I'm no expert by any means but being in love with your best friend can sometimes be a tough situation. I understand that he may have said that he wasn't gay, but how did he say it? (Was he offended that you asked him, did he seem hostile about the situation?) Sometimes people are just uncomfortable with their feelings. He might be gay but just doesn't want to admit it or is afraid of the outcome of admitting it. (I'm not trying to give you false hope either) In the end you are going to have to weigh out your options. Do you want to truly find out how he feels? If you do then you have to brace yourself for the possibility of losing a friend...or gaining a boyfriend. It's a very tough situation, and much love to ya! We are all here for you! :slight_smile:

3. RetroRhombus

RetroRhombus Guest

Well he wasn't offended when I asked, so it is hard to say if coming out it is a good idea.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!
    That's tough :/ How old are you both now? It's possible that he's just at that immature stage where you reject homosexuality to suppress your own feelings.
    Do you think he would be grossed out if he found out his best friend was gay?
    Maybe you could bring it up. Like:
    "What would you do if one of your friends told you they were gay?" And then if he asks about it you can pretend you're talking about a different friend as safety net.