1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back in October, one of my best friends told me she would try to set me up with another guy. I thought that was really sweet of her and I was excited to see who she would come up with. So, she shows me this guys that she is planning on setting me up with and he's really cute and I get excited, but nothing ever happens. About two weeks later I asked her what ever happened to this guy and she told me that she decided to not set me up with him because he is a huge asshole.

Recently I've hear his name brought up a bunch and he is really good friends with my friend too. He hung out with a bunch of my friends at a bonfire last weekend and I would've gone but I was on a college visit. So, I was talking to another one of my good friends about the original situation and she told me that this guy is the sweetest guy in the world, and that she has no idea what my other friend was talking about, or why she would ever say that.

I want to meet this guy now so I can make my own opinion and see if something can happen, but I'm conflicted. Why would one of my best friends lie to me? I feel like I'm being desperate, but I've wanted a boyfriend for a while. Now, I am going to college soon, so I know that I should be trying extremely hard to get a boyfriend now because it would be better of I got one in college, but if something can happen now, I figure why not try to make it happen. I'm trying to figure out a way for my friends to nonchalantly ask he to hang and have me be there too, so I can start to see if I like his character. Any thoughts?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is unlikely that she lied to you - You can ask your friend why she categorises him as an 'asshole' .. maybe there's more to it.

or you can approach him at least being forewarned of his flaws, if he has any

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the easiest thing to do is just meet him and find out for yourself :slight_smile: