1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Fair?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Caleb2001, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Caleb2001

My brother is 6 years older. He is cool and we get along well. But when he was 16 he got on-line and got into some trouble. He got caught using his web cam doing things not exactly right. He also had facebook. When Mom and Dad caught him, they took all that away. Made him delete his facebook and some other things. When I ask about what happened and what was going on I always get the same answer. Nevermind! Even my bro won't tell me.

Now I am not allowed kik-skype-facebook- or any other social media, except things I can be anonymous on like EC. One they have no way to know about. My computer does not save history and I make sure after every use I delete all cookies.

My question is it fair for them to prohibit me from these things and not even give me a chance just because he got caught?

2. igoloo2946

I think that like most parents, they are just trying to protect you in their natural overprotective way. Its not like they are punishing you, the are just scared that you might make bad choice like your brother once did. Give them some time and I'm sure that after they see your responsible enough they will let you participate in social networking. Plus your only 13, not to say that i dont think you should have kik or facebook but your parents might feel that you are to young. I bet that they will probably let you have one once your 14 or 15.
    Be pacient it will work out.