1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mommy Issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ema228, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :help:
    So my mother and I are having some issues. She said I'm a lesbian and have anxiety and stress because I didn't give my heart to Jesus. It really bothers me because I want some dang help for my anxiety(or what I believe to be anxiety because my mom won't take me to a doctor to figure anything out) or anything that may be wrong with me. She won't take me to a doctor even though I have anxiety or panic attack things and have bad thoughts like jumping out windows or hurting myself. She seems so cold when I want help or tell her that I've been really sad or anything. All she says is "oh, honey" "aw sorry" "you know jesus can help you through this if you would just come to him, but I guess that's not happening" Sometimes I honestly can't even be in the same building as her.
    What do I do? How do I keep calm? How can I get her to get me some help? Because now that I am finally asking for help she isn't doing crap other than being annoying.
    I don't think she listens to me. My brother had told me he has had a few breakdowns and the only thing holding him back from jumping in front of a semi was the fence. I informed her because that seems like there is something seriously wrong going on. You know what she did about it? NOTHING. Freaking nothing. I told her I was concerned about my brother because he's thought about things like suicide before apparently and can be aggressive which would be concerning, but noooo. He's okay. I'm okay. We are all okay. After all, what would the neighbors/town/family/anyone think about her or her kids if there was anything wrong us?
    How can I get her to listen to me and actually do something about the bad things?

Sorry this is such a long post and the little rants within. There is just a lot of pent up aggression and anger towards the lady who birthed me.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry you are having to deal with this situation, which says far more about your Mother's distorted way of thinking, than it does about you. Whatever you think about Jesus, he will not cure your sexual orientation or problems with anxiety and panic and your Mother is being negligent in her parental responsibility to deny you proper medical support.

I don't live in the US, so I can't really comment on how you get medical help without parental support (here we can just turn up to the Doctors surgery or hospital in a crisis and will be treated).

Have you looked online at any reputable medical/charity websites dedicated to anxiety and panic disorder and possible coping strategies? There is a wealth of information out there and you may find some of it useful. Do you have any understanding of the trigger issues that you can tell us about?

3. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, I haven't looked up any reputable medical/charity websites dedicated to anxiety and panic disorder. By understanding of the trigger issues, do you mean like do I know what causes/triggers the attacks? Because I know a lot of it is linked to school and theatre(I am in drama club and we have a musical coming up this week) when I think about something like an assignment that's due or something coming up, I start to have an attack and then everything spirals out of control.

4. animequeen567

I'm not gonna lie. Reading this really pissed me off. Your mom sounds like she lost 3/4 of her brain in a blender and then fell off the Jesus bus getting a concussion...no offense. I would recommend talking to someone about your issues with your mom, anxiety and stress, and your brother. Someone that you really trust. A counselor maybe? If your age is 17 like it says, there's not many places you can go to without parental consent. If you were 18, it would be a lot easier as a legal adult. :/