1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date ever tomorrow

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Equalist, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I have my first date ever tomorrow night and I have no idea what to think. I was hesitant to accept because I'm still not entirely over another guy that I was talking to who cut it off before we could even meet in person. It happened last week, and I met this new guy two days later on an app, and he goes to the same school as me, so we can actually meet in person. We haven't talked much, but he said that I seem to be pretty cool and wanted to take me out, so I accepted. He's pretty cute, but I'm just so conflicted. I'm afraid I won't be fair when it comes to judging how I feel about him since I might just subconsciously compare him to the guy I haven't gotten out of my mind yet. Even though I never got to meet him in person, my mind has naturally filled in the blanks to form the perfect guy, which is most likely inaccurate, but now I can't forget about him. I'm stuck imagining "what if" and it's really just bothering me now. I want to give this new guy a fair chance, especially since I actually get to meet him in person.

But yeah, I'm sure I'll be extremely nervous tomorrow night. I've never dated a guy before, but I am excited. I keep looking at his pictures to remind myself that he is attractive and that I'm making the right choice. I don't know much about him at all. His Facebook says he is "interested in women," so he might be in the closet? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'm also not sure what to do if he wants to take me home. The thing with this guy is that we have met on this app in the past. Back in the middle of March, we talked on the app a little and he asked me to come over. I was studying for finals, so I refused, but I also did it because I wasn't sure I was ready. This time around though, he has chosen to ask me out. Because of this, I won't be surprised if he asks me to go over to his place assuming the date goes well. I'm not sure what to do in that case. I've never done anything with a guy, so part of me feels like I should just go for it and try to enjoy myself.

I just have a lot of mixed feelings about this. Any input would be appreciated (advice, opinions, etc.).

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The perfect is the enemy of the good. Try not thinking this is your only chance at love. You may feel a little desperate since the first guy dropped you, but resist the urge and don't do anything that you're uncomfortable with. You might even tell him this is your first date so he doesn't have any high expectations; he should be understanding that everyone has to start out sometime.