1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to act

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TI uverse, Apr 21, 2014.

1. TI uverse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have never felt so welcome in a forum in my life!
    I am having an issue though like I said before I was rejected by my first crush , but the issue is we share the same class and sit close together at this point I have just been ignoring her and coming into class late , I can't do that anymore because of finals and want to be prepared for them; However I feel so awkward and embarrassed every time I go to that class, how do I get over that and start feeling normal after being in her presence? I feel stupid asking this question but I can't seem to get over this hump.

2. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't feel stupid because you are not. I had a similar experience, but I worked with the person. I ignored her after awhile and then she left the job. Once she left it was a hell of a lot better. The thing is I know how this could affect you with grades-(I failed two classes), but this was also because I was in hella denial about my orientation. You kind of have to just ignore her and or you may be able to ask the teacher if there is anyway they can accommodate you in some way. You don't have to go into specifics. Just explain that the school classroom environment is affecting you in a way that doesn't allow you to work to your full potential. It isn't a lie. Besides that I am not sure what to do. Just remember you are not alone.

3. Shineye

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    yep meeting someone you were rejected by every day can prove a huge stress, been there too
    Cm's idea is nice
    You could try to focus on other stuff whenever you go there,,, try find things that interest your mind and distract you from her...it;s hard but it might work

4. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    CM here changed name, yes like Shineye said it can be tough, but you can do it. It will take time, but it will pass. Just know someone else is meant to be with you. That future person (you may not see right now) is better than her too :slight_smile:

5. AthenaEvince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    And on top of ^^^ responses, you've got to realize that you're going to date, successfully and unsuccessfully, more in the future. So right now, you've got to focus on you and making you the best you can be. is the best you worried about what some girl who isnt necessarily meant for you is thinking? Is the best you acting embarrassed, when the girl who might be right for you could transfer into the class tomorrow?

The past is in the past. It is what it is and you can't change it. But maybe in the future you can, because you'll grow from this instance. You're going to be so much stronger once you get past this hiccup.

Plus, confidence is sexy! so work on that :thumbsup:

6. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT POST!(*hug*):kiss:(&&&)

7. TI uverse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you guys are all right , I have to stop thinking of her when I am in class and instead think of getting an A in that class. I am transferring to a university soon , I just over think thinks too much sometimes

Thanks

8. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so guilty of over thinking things at times hahaha