1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sister's Party...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Miiaaaaa, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is probably an odd thread here but...

My older sister's having a party this weekend, it's supposed to be a bunch of her friends (whom I don't know). The thing is, me and the rest of my family don't really get on with her, it's a bit complicated, she comes to my mums every now and then and it's all fine on the surface. But we mostly just hide away from her. A fair amount of things she does usually have an ulterior motive, not sure if this would be any different. She seems sincere enough this time.

The thing is, while I'm down here visiting, I'm pretty bored anyway. Have precious little to do until Tuesday.

What do you reckon, do I go?

2. Cass

well, if there is an ulterior motive you could always just leave

3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    It'd be an expensive taxi ride home though!

4. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't get on with her and don't know her friends (are they like her?), then personally I wouldn't want to go. Isn't there something you'd rather be doing? Or are you not near any friends/activities at the moment? If you want to go then I say go for it! If it's your thing :slight_smile: But if it were me...it doesn't exactly sound like the best use of your time. Is there a particular reason you want to go? Or an ulterior motive she's have for inviting you?

Got a friend to bring along so you can split the taxi fare 2 ways? lol
    Sorry, I'm coming across are really pessimistic! I'm not!! Anyway, whatever you decide, have fun :slight_smile:

5. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm seeing old friends here, though rather sporadically. I'm spending most of my time here bored and indoors!

It's more that I'm insanely bored and have nothing better to do, but can always try and see if I could bring someone along.

And while I want to be forcing myself into more things I ordinarily wouldn't, I'll probably end up giving this one a miss.