1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am in-love with my best friend :/

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Migz, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Migz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So.. I have met this guy like a year ago, and we have shared a lot of stuff together. He is my partner in all involve class projects, my sit mate, my best friend, he is... my companion, my brother to be more easy to explain.
    He does not know I am Bisexual, and only 1 of my friends knows, but I am yet to tell him ( I planned too ). As time continue, and I started to feel really in-love with him, he is cute, very friendly, and a very respectful person. By what we did and we do, like for exp, everyday class life, that stuff, playing football together, etc.. etc.. I consider him, more than a friend, I consider him as a brother, that I am falling in love with.
    I don't know, if he is gay or bisexual, but when I asked him like for exp, "If I same sex person told you that he loved you, what will you do?" he said, he would accept for loving him but nothing more than friends would pass. Then I ask him also, if "He would try/or have sexual relationship with same sex person?" and he said "no". But I am not quite confident about his answers, it's like, he is always looking at me, calling me, chatting with me, and that is confusing me. Like for exp, he is always talking about "something gay", for exp, gay jokes and that kind of stuff, normal teen do...
    Today when I changed clothes, he was straight looking to my body, I felt a little bit, curious of what he was imagining :roflmao: , and when we played "truth or dare" during a party, I only had the option of dare, so I attempt to say dare, and I needed to suck him ( I do admit that some of my friends have suck our friends during this kinds of game, but this never was involved with me and him, my best friend ), I would quite do it, I don't have regrets to admit that I would do it, but he said, few seconds after, "we shouldn't involve nasty things" and we continued the game simply.

Everyday, I think about him, and what would be us together, my point is not sexual relationship, my point is really love between us. I don't know what should I do :/

Should I tell him? I am kinda, confused/sad about what will or what would happen :icon_sad:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, he sounds straight. So I don't think it's worth getting upset over him. Sure, you can continue to be friends, but you need to move on from the feelings you have. It'll be hard, but you need to do it.

3. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't completely guarantee he's straight, but I have no gaydar and very rarely can I declare myself 100% sure that anyone is straight. Same the other way around though. I can't identify someone as being gay unless it's really obvious.

Be careful how you negotiate around this one, it sounds like it's safe to come out to this fella and that would be superb for your friendship and potentially bring you closer together as friends.

The fact is though, Migz, assuming this guy is straight. I, possibly among others, would kill to have a friend like you describe. Unfortunately I don't so I know the feeling of missing a person like that. So although it can be very frustrating and irritating that you can't cross a certain line. Do not be tempted to, you have a wonderful friendship and you should keep it that way :slight_smile:

Ultimately, what I'm saying is unless you find out he's gay or bi (and into you) I'd keep your feelings about him to yourself. (I'm sure you know which feelings I mean, you can compliment him etc as you normally would) I don't see many positives in telling him those things. I feel it would risk causing a negative effect on your relationship by telling him these things.

Sit tight and have fun.

4. dapulu

Come out to him. And then wait, because that action may change the frienship a bit. If he is distant after coming out then you have your answer.

Good luck and best of wishes :slight_smile: Keep us updated