1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by zigg, Apr 25, 2014.

1. zigg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guy! Im in a HUGE swirl right now! I'm 16 and gay and there is this guy that I'm slowly falling for, but he CLAIMS he is straight. He messes around with a lot of girls and dated this girl for a LONG time but everytime I'm around him, my gaydar goes off and I'm going to give you things he does when he is around me that makes me question him:

We sit next to each other in class and when I'm talking to someone else he does little things to get my attention, like pinch or touch me in some way shape or form, but when he is around his other friends he doesn't

His desk is ALWAYS extremely close to mines, to the point where it's difficult to get up , when I push him away he always comes back(but i like it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

When I try to get up he always prevents me from going (like putting his arm or hand in front of me), he does it playfully but it's recently sparked my attention

Im helping him get a job at where I work and he said that he would walk with me to work, even though he lives like 20 minutes from the job

Everyone else thinks hes gay because he has his "girly" moments

We were talking and he said that when he gets money he will "take me out" after I said that I would buy his ticket to a movie

Idk if im just trippin or not, do you think hes bi or gay or am I just overlooking because these things have been going on for a while

Idk if I'm over acting but I starting

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey zigg, welcome to EC!

Whether he is straight or not, what he himself claims to be pretty much trumps it. If he says he is straight and has been dating a girl for a long time, although these are not a guarantee, these are facts you need to acknowledge.

There is a fallacy that often operates in this context:

You've taken a fancy to him, so you will tend to focus on those things that confirm the possibility of a relationship and you will tend to minimize any evidence to the contrary. Don't fret, it's a very human thing to do, and an easy trap to fall into.

It's good that you can fall for someone, you have love to give...now go and find the right guy to give it to!

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's still dating this girl... then he's not available...
    But it can't hurt to keep the friendship! Get closer to him as a friend and you might find out more about him :slight_smile: