1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handling things by letters - opinions?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gentlady, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okaay.... Basically, I'm in trouble. I broke up with my boyfriend. He found out I like two other persons. I can't explain this situation, but should I write him this letter?
    Oh, and "change anything between us" means pretty much that we are now ignoring each other.
    And "need to survive and get on" means that my parents are getting a divorce and it's pretty hard for me.

"Dear darlin'
    Please excuse my writing
    I can't stop my hands from shaking"
    - Olly Murs

I know what I did was stupid. I know it was all wrong. I know I hurt you. But what I want you to know is that my feelings for you haven't changed. I did it just because I need to survive and get on all by myself. I'm sorry, OK? well, I know this won't change anything between us, and that's not where I'm heading with this, since I know it won't change anything. But I just wanted to clarify in case I have been unclear. I don't even know why I wanted to clarify this. Well maybe because of the reasons mentioned earlier. I want you to know I am aware of those facts. So I guess that's all. FYI, I am not expecting a reply. I am not even expecting you to read this. Just... I'm sorry. For everything. I was an immature and idiot bitch. Just thought you should know. Gosh, I'll just shut up now.

#1 Gentlady, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Trentacles

I would leave out the "I don't even know why I wanted to clarify this." part since you literally say in the sentence before and after why you wanted to clarity it.

I would also leave out the "I'm not even expecting you to read this" part. if i got a letter that said that I would be like then why the f did you give it to me then?

#2 Trentacles, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your reply and OK, maybe it is a stupid sentence :grin:
    But is it good as an idea?

4. Trentacles

if it makes you feel better about things then definitely.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here...but have you actually done anything wrong?

6. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, we both think it was wrong from me to start dating him right after my parents had started fighting, when I was in such a vulnerable state and considering the fact I did then and do now have feelings for two other persons as well.

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, just let me clarify something.

You had feelings for a few people. You chose one. It didn't work.

The actions of your parents are no reflection on how you should act. There is no reason you shouldn't date just because your parents are having a difficult time. It might not have been a good idea for you and it hasn't worked out how you wanted to but it CERTAINLY wasn't WRONG for you to do so.

The fact that you had feelings for more than one person is also hardly relevant. You made a choice to try and make things work with one guy. It didn't work and it has ended. That isn't something you should be made to feel bad about. But more importantly than that, I worry about what this line of thinking means for you.

You are sitting here apologising to someone for having feelings for other people. Something you have no control over what-so-ever. You did the responsible thing. You recognized that you couldn't make it work and you ended things so you didn't hurt this guy when you were both more heavily invested in the relationship. Yes it sucks to have someone break up with you but better it happens sooner rather than later.