1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childish sister.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FireSmoke, Apr 26, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

My sister is the eldest sibling of the family but she seems the youngest.

An example.

I posted on EC a ####### in which I was reading the introduction of the Chronicles of Narnia in english. I don't like my sister sees what I do on EC, so I let her listen a copy of the record from a folder on my laptop.

On EC, people said I have a good deep voice with an *awesome* italian accent.

My sister, instead, was beginning to say in italian "Oh, what an awful voice. You have a terrible english accent, You're ridiculous"

:icon_sad:

The problem is not my voice. It's that she has always fun when she despises me. I get angry, and she says "I was joking!". And when I'm happy (thing so rare), she seems angry and tries whatever to become me sad.

And my self-confidence is comprimise.

My mom says to me "Don't listen to her. She's childish" but I'm sad and angry. I can't take my sister anymore! She's so annoying!!

Not to mention when she says bad things about my gender identity or my sexual orientation (the last one more rarely, though)...

What can I do?

2. Gen

Gen

I'm going to have to agree with your mother on this one. There are just some people whose words we have to learn to take with a grain of salt. It sounds as though she enjoys criticizing you because of the reactions she can elicit from you. The best way to counter her in that situation would be to not react at all. Just remind yourself that the things that she says are so obviously untrue and malicious that there isn't a point in wasting time giving them any thought.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks, Gen. I'm a type who doesn't care about the others (a little bit anarchist) but I can't do it with my family. I love my mom and my sister and I can't believe she's so insensitive and childish (because she hates to be judged!! She wants to judge me but doesn't want to be judged!). So, I have to understand that even though she's my sister, she hasn't the right to treat me badly. :confused:

#3 FireSmoke, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How old IS she?

My brother liked to do the same thing to me (although he is younger than me, not older, but even so) and I think the best thing to do is just to stop reacting in any way. My brother used to do it just because he KNEW I would get annoyed and he found it funny. I think if you just don't say or do anything when she says anything to provoke you, she will eventually get bored of it.

What I used to do with my brother was when he said anything, I'd just nod or calmly say "Yes. So what?" It left him stumped and he stopped trying to irritate me for fun.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Thanks for your answer, Opheliac. I have to do in this manner. Only that I have some difficulties to do that because I don't accept she has this behaviour despite she's 20 years old.

#5 FireSmoke, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  6. justjade

Oh, dude, I know that feel. My sister is 22, and she does a lot of things like that. And it's awful because she can't take a joke, but she's extremely judgmental and cracks on people all the time. She's terribly controlling. It seems like she makes it a point to call me "woman" in public really loudly. :dry:

I think my sister has autism though.

Anyway, yeah, I'd say just ignore her. Act like you don't care or like you're not listening no matter what she says. If she can't get a reaction, she'll have to stop because either it will piss her off, or she'll find something better to do. That's what I do when my sister starts trying to talk to me about her boyfriend problems. It seems to work because she'll just say, "Well, I can tell you don't feel like talking. I'll let you go, OK?" F. T. W.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I've had similar issues with this. I'll message ya.

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Eh. I know what you mean (*hug*). Think that she, despite knows I'm a dude, parades I'm her *sister*, her *cute sister* :dry:

My sister hasn't autism but had a hard childbirth and she was also born late (at 10th month). Maybe this made her more childish.

Thanks for the suggestions and support, it's very helpful.

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

Thanks, bro :kiss:

#8 FireSmoke, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  9. justjade

Oh, my sister does that a lot, too. I am out to her, but she told me that she still thinks I'm a woman. She likes to pinch my cheeks like an old lady with a little kid, which is incredibly annoying. Urhg. :bang:

10. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I think they do that because they believe we can "change idea" (of being dudes) :roflmao:

11. justjade

Yeah. :lol: I think our sisters think if we changed our minds once, it's only a matter of time because we change back. My sister doesn't have a sister she can talk to anymore though. She just has me. What about you?

12. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Yeah, she has only me as well. And we have also only one year of difference. Her (female) friends say always to her "Oh, how I wish I had a sister of only one year younger like yuuuuuuuu!!!!" *hop like stupid dolls* :roflmao:

And maybe, my sister sees me like a "traitor". "Fuck, I have the fortune to have a sister only one year younger and she says he's a dude???" :lol:

I should learn to be colder, she has to give up! :badgrin:

13. justjade

My sister's female friends like to treat me all girly and all that. They like to talk about relationships and women's clothes. It's pretty lame. Some of them also don't have sisters, and they like me because I guess I'm cool or whatever.

My sister probably feels the same way as yours. :lol: She does not understand. She doesn't refer to me as a guy at all. It aggravates me so much.

14. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're not alone! (*hug*)