1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealousy issues on both halves...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShadowJ, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ShadowJ

The land of unpredictable weather- UK of course ;)
    So basically I'm in love with my best friend (see http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...male-best-friend;-not-sure-if-he-gay-not.html). Him and I are close friends and go out together often (sometimes with others, sometimes alone). However, there is an issue- there seems to be a feeling of jealousy for both of us.

First off, I'll talk about my jealousy. From the other thread, you can tell I really feel for him (and hopefully vice versa :grin:). However, I get jealous when he's around other people. Silly, I know, but still. If I see him acting quite flirty with other people, I almost get angered and try to walk away. It just makes me feel depressed :frowning2: When we're alone, there is a cloud of sexual tension. He knows this, and tries to make sure I see him flirting with others. We were at the pool this week, and an argument between all four of us (me, him and two others) broke out, him at the centre. The other friend called him 'gay bastard' for 'feeling his ass under the water'. He laughed and said 'shut up'. That just made me walk away from the showering area and lock myself in the locker. He tried to persuade me out, and did eventually. And although he hangs out with me a lot, sometimes I feel as if he puts his other close friends before me (even though he doesn't sometimes, hence the jealousy).

Next, him. I tried distancing myself from him for a while and became good friends with someone he dislikes quickly, along with some of his mates. He gets really jealous when I'm around him, like seriously. He can sometimes claim I care more about the other friend than him, and complains about our friendship. I asked him if he could live with anyone who would it be, and he said 'you', followed by 'you'd choose [insert name], wouldn't you?'. He gets jealous of some of my other friends too, including let's call him 'Nathan'. He dislikes him too and whenever we argue, tends to balme him for arguments. Its almost as if he's jealous of my close friends and worried I'll become closer to them than him. But then I worry like that too. Its like he wants to keep me to himself, but then also keep his other close friends to himself and completely outcast my other friends.

There's just this huge cloud of sexual tension that just needs to be popped. Its obvious and needs to happen! Help! :help:

2. ShadowJ

Anyone? :help:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, since you both seem to have jealousy issues, why don't you say you having other friends doesn't mean you like/care for him any less and that you would hope he does the same for you? Try to point out your "special relationship" or things that you like to do with just him. Jealousy comes from insecurity. Have you thought about coming out to him?

4. ShadowJ

Good idea :slight_smile: I've said things of a similar manner but not exactly that so I'll tell him that. He actually points it out sometimes, but does it a little less often lately. O have thought about it, and was going to the friday just gone, but I held off it :/ We're having a sleepover next week so we'll see how that goes down.