1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outcome from mixed messages

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lifesbegun, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have read quite a few posts on here relating to people being given mixed messages, and trying to analyse what is actually going on.

Has anyone experienced postive outcomes from such a situation, I.e. The outcome was that the person sending mixed messages was actually interested? Just curious as to whether mixed messages are more to do with the receiver misinterpreting the signals....

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Generally I am pretty good a reading people's behavior. Sometimes though, I run into a situation where someone says something and does another. In the past when I have ran into the situation I have almost always found out later I was right about it. I try not to make assumptions though, and I do my best to make my feelings clear and ask people what they want. The was one exception to this, and that was the one that bit me in the ass.

3. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to be over analytical in situations....things are so complicated sometimes..

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

The hardest situations I find myself in are where I know that talking about my feelings causes people to panic. It is hard to talk openly if the other person is incredibly afraid. Normally I just get everything right out on the table, but in this one instance I hesitated to say something I knew would scare the crap out of them. In the end I had to be honest. The person freaked just like I was afraid of, and now they don't talk to me. I would be perfectly happy being their friend if that is all they wanted, but I think they are so scared they feel they can't. It's heartbreaking. I really feel for you on this one.

5. Lifesbegun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think on this one need to trust my head over my heart...:icon_sad::confused: