1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my heart is breaking/how do I move on?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by arrac3796, Apr 26, 2014.

1. arrac3796

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so I told my crush who's a friend and a coworker that I've liked her for a year now and well she didn't return my feelings like I had hoped we're still friends and she was flattered but I'm broken hearted and don't know what to do now all my previous ex's were and are still close friends of mine and it's hard to find other gay women where I live now and I don't know how to move on she was the one girl that I liked that I could be open with and now I have to pretend like I'm fine around her but all I can see is what could've been if she liked me please how do I get past this?:icon_sad::help::tears::tears::tears::tears:

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

At least she answered you. She could have avoided the question and left you wondering, or freaked out and pushed you away entirely. It's hard to find someone does not love you with the same intensity that you do them, but a friendship is a precious thing, and your friend did right by you in being clear about her feelings. If you need a little space to work through things in your head, maybe tell her that. Try to focus on other friendships for a while. Do hobbies and activities that you enjoy. Don't try to stop thinking about your feelings completely, but limit the amount of time you focus on grieving. The rest of the time try and live well. Take care of yourself and love yourself.