1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting People

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Easton, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Easton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Everyone,

So I have just recently started coming out to a couple of close friends and so far everything has been great and everyone has been really supportive! The thing is though that now I have accepted myself, I want to try and meet some people that are gay like me.

My school does have a GSA, however the people that are a part of the GSA just aren't like me at all. Most of them have their hair died like pink or blue and they really just aren't the kind of people that I am friends with or really want to be friends with. On top of that, the majority are straight. There are only 3 openly queer people at my school and none of them are like me.

Right now I'm really only looking for some friends but hopefully, I'd eventually like to be able to find someone to have a relationship and I really just don't know how to go about finding gay people.

So how do you guys do it? Do I just need to work on developing my Gaydar orrr? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

2. Will2M

Developing gaydar just comes with time... I am still working on it myself.

It is hard to meet people like yourself when you first come out, I am having the same problem right now. They way I have gone about it is just start being more open and similar people theoretically will approach you.

Also, high school is kinda lame for this type of thing. It's a cliche but really true: everyone is still figuring out who they are so it can be tough to find other LGBT people. It'll will get better in college when more people begin to accept themselves and figure out who they really are.

I know that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear but that is my experience, sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Let me know if you would like to talk more, I am always willing to help!

#2 Will2M, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014