1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm in love with my straight friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riggsb1, Apr 26, 2014.

1. riggsb1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So my friend and me have known each other since middle school (7 years ago). The problem is that I am in love with him. When we met in middle school we would mess around with each other sexually. We would do that several times a week. After a year him and his family moved to Florida and i didn't see him for two years until they moved back to Indiana. When they moved back we started doing stuff again like exchanging oral. Never anal, never kissed. We messed around a lot. I was out of school at that time, (I'm two years older then him). After work I would always go to his house and we would almost always do something sexual. He started dating this girl off and on, that's when things started going down hill. We would still mess around just not as much then it got to the point I had to beg him to do it. Him and his girlfriend were having sex with each other all the time, every day, that's when I started being mean to him, we would argue and fight. It got so bad that we didn't talk for almost two years. Now we are talking again and he's going out with her again. We have not been sexual with each other since 2012, we just started talking to each other two months ago. We see each other twice a week. I have talked to him about my feelings toward him, he always says he doesn't know what to say. My feelings are getting stronger, and the pain of him not feeling the same way and not doing anything together is getting worse. He's my best friend and I don't want to loose him again.

2. JohnR772

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You're both young, this makes it the perfect time to try new things. You've all ready experimented together, try being as open as possible about how that was for you. if after a while he still doesn't agree to go out with you, the best thing for both of you is to just give up on it. it might be hard but otherwise you'll just end up obsessing over him, and that's just not healthy for you. Talk to him about it and try to convince him to go on one date and maybe go from there. If he still says no, that's it, he can't be convinced.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're obsessing over him already. That said, it's hard to call him straight if he's had regular sexual encounters with you. One big challenge is that he's still with his girlfriend. Did she ever know about you two? If he's unwilling to give her up, you could get pushed away if you are too demanding. Even if he agrees to be sexual with you, would you be happy being a third wheel?

It really seems you should be trying to move on to guys who are single and more willing to reciprocate your feelings.

4. riggsb1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No his girlfriend doesn't know. He now just ignores me. He's been playing mind games with me. I'm tired of it. I honestly feel like sending his girlfriend a text telling her everything including the pic of him naked that I have on my phone....

---------- Post added 27th Apr 2014 at 10:56 AM ----------

And just say to hell with him.