1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with straight girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Santana, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Santana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I've recently decided I'm lesbian, but I haven't told this almost to anyone. I'd tell this to my best friend, because I tell her everything, but there's this one problem - I'm totally in love with her.

She has a boyfriend and she has never dated a girl, and she thinks she's straight. I think she's maybe bi, because we're talked about this kind of stuff, and she told she likes girls too, but jokingly, so I don't really know what to think.

And even if she's bi, she has a boyfriend and I'm not sure she'd like to be with me.

What do I should so?

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

That is a tricky situation to be in. If she has a boyfriend and is happy the way she is, it puts her in an awfully awkward position if you tell her your feelings. I would maybe focus on being open to her about your orientation if you feel comfortable sharing that, then give her some space to work through your feelings. Spend some time with other friends if you can. If you absolutely must tell her your feelings, be upfront about it and make sure that you are clear that you are not expecting her to change who she is. Your feelings are valid and it is good to get it out in the open, but sometimes people feel when someone of the same gender likes them it is a judgment of their orientation. It's not, but if someone is insecure they might panic.

3. Notsoshure

I don`t know if there is much you can do about it. I understand that you really like her, but she is already in a relationship, and as you say you don`t know if she even likes girls. It would maybe be akward to tell her your feelings, like rainmustfall mentioned above. Maybe you could try to tell her if you`d like, but it is kind of hard to tell how she would react and you know that best as she is a close friend of you. I suggest you try to be calm about it and hang around with others a bit. You can`t exactly make her like you back if she is already in love, and i know that that sucks.

4. Santana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, she's together with him, but I don't think she loves him. If she would love him, she wouldn't cheat on him, right?