1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a straight crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ETCA, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing real urgent, I'm just curious. How do you guys get over a straight crush? I've had two real big ones, and keeping my distance until the feelings went away worked pretty well for me. Any tips for the future?(!)

2. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have one. I loved him throughout the high school, it didn't work. There's this current straight (?) guy who I try to forget by keeping distance, firting with other people, and deleting social media contact with him. Love sucks, when not returned.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've handled it the same way you did - keep your distance.
    If you don't see them, you'll forget about them.

I've also had luck by just deeply acknowledging the fact that I won't be able to date them since they're straight, and that's worked.

4. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Actually I'm just getting over one by finding a new person (not really a crush yet, just a little curious I think). Problem is I'm not sure if this girl is straight too, hahaha. It's kinda the same as getting over anyone.