1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My good friend said he really likes me but..?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by horizontalMIST, Apr 28, 2014.

1. horizontalMIST

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i had to make an account on here to ask on the forums because i can't take it anymore. so this guy is my good friend and i don't know if he likes me for-real, mainly because i think he's gay...I'm iffy about a lot of things basically, he confessed to me last year he liked me and although our friendship went on and off (he started dating a chick after i rejected him, but he would still text me normally, and texted SUPER flirty when he would drink). and after that incident of texting me, i told him to stop and we stopped talking for a while. but we just end up talking again anyways.

why i think hes gay- he "used" to be bicurious but apparently got over it, and he would let actual gay men kiss him (cheek) and stuff and was fine with it. even yesterday, we went out and he texted me later he had a man/bro crush on this guy that was there (which my actual gay bf used to say those things about people all the time, up until now that he's fully out) he also tends to be a LITTLE feminine. A little-but still something. his femininity was what made me think he was probably gay. and my bestfriend also questioned him too. also, he would crush often on a lot of girls, and what all these crushes had in similarity was that they've all been tomboys. ok not like butchy types and stuff lol but def not the most girl girls .
    my other real problem is i feel hes only liked me because i've actually stayed by his side through ****, and even when i ignore him, he comes back to me anyways. but idk if it's mostly because i actually talk to him a lot and give him attention or because its a genuine crush (which doesn't feel like it)
    that's kind of why i've never shown any interest back because my gut says he's a little on the other side , but sometimes im with him and when we're in groups, he doesnt seem to caring about me, but then we talk and he fully focuses on me. and he also told my friend that he cares about me and doesn't want to scare me away by pushing his feelings onto me. idk man, im so frustrated cus i do have a little thing for him but i'm scared he may be gay. he's not flirty with me, barely EVER. and even last year before he got his gf and w.e., he never really flirted, although he'd always ask me if i liked someone, and if i did who it was. he was crazy asking me that all the time. he lacks a lot of confidence too btw, which is why i kind of lost some attraction. idk guys, from what you've read, what do you guys think? i'll add any additional info if anyone needs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

yea btw he always praises a lot of male celebrities, never really womanly figures. like-that confuses me too lol

#1 horizontalMIST, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  2. horizontalMIST

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe he's not gay. He could be, I suppose. But he could also be straight or bi.
    It seems as though he's into girls though, assuming it's not to cover up him liking guys.
    You like him, he likes you, I'd say go for it. Don't not go for something potentially amazing, on the chance that it might not work out. :slight_smile:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no way of knowing exactly what he's feeling/thinking about unless he tells you.
    You should tell him you want him to be completely honest with you and tell you the things he feels, so that you can have some kind of idea of where his feelings might be going before you commit to him.

Unfortunately, it is something that happens... when I guy bargains himself to be straight and just ends up in a meaningless relationship. But let's hope that's not the case here :slight_smile:

5. horizontalMIST

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, my friend told him to give me subtle hints (like body language) and do nice things like open doors and all, and his response was "oh ok. and what subtle hints" lol. i was like >_> he's trying to be more flirty through text too, but it feels kinda weird and maybe a little forced/fake. this sucks, cus i actually have developed a little something for him :frowning2: aside his kinda flamboyant side