1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did ittttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so happy. So I came out last year to my close family and we didn't talk about it afterwards. Any who, last night, I finally was able to talk to my mother about my crush among other things. I asked her about what she thought I should work on to make sure that I can be more open to new things. It was nice because I usually have a difficult time opening up to people and I did it!!!!!!!!!!!! I was even able to talk to her about what happened between another girl and I a while back. I felt relieved afterwards because I was stressing out about a few things- I felt better :slight_smile: I do have to say though that I felt weird too. Is this normal? My anxiety level increased a bit, but I tried to ignore it.

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You go girl! :slight_smile:

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, that's very good :grin:
    And yes, it's normal to feel weird. I think it's the beginning. I know I like girls too but I still feel a bit awkward when talking about my crushes. We'll get over it. :grin:

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

That's awesome! I am so happy for you :slight_smile:

5. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

OOOOOOh My God! Good job! ^^ That's awesome that you were able to do that, now if only I could follow in suit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is brilliant!! :grin:

7. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm jealous. lol

Seriously though, congratulations! That was brave. :slight_smile:

8. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I been out to my mom for years but in mostly open up when I vent Lol. It feels awkward but it feels relieving!

9. lovely lesbian

10. TI uverse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think feeling weird is normal because you you don't really talk about things likes this. But Congrats that is a great thing to achieve!

11. Emmanuella

Yay!! Congrats :slight_smile: It's definitely great to have a parent/family member who is not only accepting, but also willing to give advice. I know what you mean about it feeling weird. It always feels weird when I talk to my mother about girls, even when she is the one that asks. I can't pinpoint why. I think I might be scared of offending or scaring her with something I say. Maybe deep down you have the same worry? That you will say something that might make her "cringe"?

12. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all!!! I am very proud and while I am a little uncomfortable I am still going to work on talking to more people, especially my mother etc. I spoke to her again last night and I love it because she has told me time and time again that I can talk to her about anything and before I was assuming she would be uncomfortable, but she just laughs at some of the things I talk about. Example, I told my cousin that I like girls and she said, "Okay, but you understand just because the person you are with will be a girl, doesn't mean I will not be protective of you." My mother laughed and agreed hahaha...

I spoke to my cousin about a crush and she helped me come to light that it wouldn't work out because one the girl has a boyfriend and another thing, the girl and I are very different. It was nice to talk to someone about it instead of just trying to figure it out myself. She helped me put it into perspective better than I could have by myself. WAHOOOO!!!! So I am okay just being friends with that person, but will be keeping my distance at the moment. Thank you all again for your replies!!!!!!!!