1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frequently Sad

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Apr 28, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was clinically diagnosed with depression. And I am on meds for it.
    It wasn't much of a problem before, but now its coming back.
    Ever since I've accepted the fact I am a lesbian and came out, I've been feeling a little sad. I feel a distance from my dad and my step mom ever since I came out to them.
    I was hurt greatly by my step sister (the middle one) over the phone.
    The rest of the people I told were okay with it. And support me.
    But why do I feel sad?
    I am a a very devout Christian who looks to God for accepting the fact I am a lesbian.
    I am not able to go to my church and get help reconciling my faith and my orientation. I go to a church that is not LGBT friendly. The pastor is very caring, but he condemns homosexuality. I really need some comfort and help. I feel lonely being so different.
    I sometimes wish I could cry, but can't. I wish I could talk to my parents, but aren't okay with homosexuality either. I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place.
    all I can say is HELP!!!!!!:help::tears:

2. Stacy in MA

My heart really goes out to you - it must be so tough to have one important aspect of your life, your religion, undermine another important aspect, your sexuality. I can only imagine that it is difficult for you to be forced to go outside of your regular religious community to find help you need and deserve. I know there are others on EC who are struggling with the same issues and suspect there may be specific resources (counselors, support groups, etc.) that they might be able to guide you to. Is there someone who you were already talking with to help you deal with your depression before you came out? Are they someone you could discuss this specific issue with as well?

Not sure that I've been much help, but I wanted to let you know that there are people here who want to help - even if all they can provide is a sympathetic ear. (*hug*)

3. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The same here! I was fine til I fell in love with that guy. He ignored me and I felt so alone and hopeless.Every night I cried with slow love songs and kinda got suicidal. But there's a million fish in the ocean and one day you'll find yours and won't take him/her granted like most straight couples since you suffered a lot and learned the value of love..
    Best Wishes