1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it ok for 15 yo to teach 13 yo?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Caleb2001, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Caleb2001

I know the age gap thing has been done. But this one is personal. I have met someone who is 15, almost 16 and it kind of just happened. I stared too long and he smiled back and now we are doing stuff. Some of my on-line friends, not here, are going crazy telling me I shouldn't be doing this, that it is to early and he is to old to do this with me? I trust the people here more than them. So what do you all think?

2. BelleFromHell

I think it's too early, for both of you, really. I feel that sex is an adult matter.

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

By "stuff", I presume this refers to sexual things?

Yeah, 13 is certainly below ideal age. However, in my opinion, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with experimenting at that age, depending on the person. I just hope that this 15-year old is responsible and not out to take advantage of you. Please proceed carefully, if you must proceed.

4. Trentacles

Just be careful mate.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are too young

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not going to be a part of the morality police here, so I'll just say what I think. Some 13 year olds are ready to do sexual things, some aren't. If you're being safe about it and you're happy, I don't see what's wrong with it. Georgia's age of consent for sex is 16, but it also has a Romeo and Juliet exception.

7. Jethro702

Couldn't agree more, Just be careful!

8. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

:confused2:

9. Jethro702

Romeo and Juliet laws apply to cases of statutory rape when both members engaging in consensual sexual intercourse are teenage (13-19). Romeo and Juliet laws generally stipulate a certain age gap between the older alleged offender and the younger alleged victim. The specific age gap varies from state to state

- See more at: http://sex-crimes.laws.com/statutory-rape/romeo-and-juliet#sthash.hEFDkv3i.dpuf

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Ah, knew about the statute, wasn't aware it was actually called that. Can't decide if this makes me a bad Georgian or bad Shakespeare fan. :lol:

11. Jethro702

lol.... I didn't even know about it til I looked it up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. BelleFromHell

Neither did I. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Caleb2001

Come on! It can't be that long ago that you were my age. Wouldn't you have wanted to try things? Especially if you knew you were gay?

And I am not being taken advantage of. This is what I want.

And I should have mentioned we are doing safe sex

I had no ideas about the laws either. Does that mean that I could if I wanted to have sex with a 19 yo legally?

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2 years is a huge difference when you're 13. I admire you for practicing safer sex, but honestly, this really is something you'd be better off waiting on. There's a lot of possiblity of imbalance and power/control issues here.

Secondarily, in many states, *any* sexual activity with anyone under the age of 14 (sometimes 15) is a felony, regardless of the age of the older person.

Finally, no, there's no way you can legally have any sort of sexual relationship with someone 18 or older, and as I said above, it's quite possible that *any* sexual activity puts the other person at risk of a felony child molesting charge.

Please, please put your dick back in your pants and wait a couple of years. :slight_smile:

15. Jethro702

I wouldn't know too much about the laws. While I might not agree with what you are doing, I am in no position to stop you... Just take what is said here seriously.. all of these people have good points. If you want this, you probably won't really listen to what we are saying, but be careful! I can't stress that enough and take into account what advice others are offering here. :slight_smile:

16. BelleFromHell

^^ This.

17. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Well, but self-reflection is never a bad thing. We don't always fully grasp what we are getting ourselves into until experience informs it. Sounds like you are proceeding with the experience, which might be rewarding for you. Then again, it might not, so it wouldn't be imprudent to take a few more moments to think about possible ramifications. I'm just a big believer in the "know thyself" mantra.

Glad to hear you're being safe about it, though. :slight_smile:

18. Techno Kid

^ This :slight_smile:

19. SomeNights

Forget the legality of it (which varies from state to state btw and you need to check your state statues for accuracy and correctness...not Wikipedia..), IMHO: if you have to ask you really are too young. Which is not being said in a bad way, but it's true: when you are mentally ready, you won't have to ask.

20. mawwhite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do wonder why you are asking...perhaps you might feel deep down inside you are not ready? The age difference doesnt seem that big but it is. Just make sure this is what you want and if he starts offering stuff or promises to keep it going then he is taking advantsge of you for his own sake and you will need to end it for your own sake.