1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality not accepted at home How?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Apr 28, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disclaimer: MY dad does accept me as a person. He loves me a person.
    I recently had a talk with my dad. Well, he talked to me.
    Well, it was about being a lesbian. And who to tell.
    I made it clear I wasn't going to tell my grandma on my dad's side.
    I am not going to flaunt my sexuality to the church. Since my church isn't LGBT safe.
    And my dad doesn't support me being gay either.
    He still believes its a choice, and that I made a choice to be gay. And emotional choice.
    I know that the fact is it isn't. But I won't convince him.
    Also, I do have a rainbow band I wear and a double venus charm. I keep it tucked into my shirt when I am at home. He wants me to take it off when I am out and about, and I really want to wear it. I do agree I will put away the rainbow band when I am home, but when I am out and about (not at church) I want to wear it.
    I do get talked to a lot about my sexuality. I made it clear to him I tried being heterosexual, but it didn't work. At all.
    And yes, I am a Christ follower like he is, I just accept the fact God made me gay.
    How do I deal with this? How do I deal with a non accepting home? a non accepting church? Non accepting Christians? Just how?
    I appreciate all help.