1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by somegirl, Apr 29, 2014.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Basically, I've posted many times before about this girl I've been in love with..

To sum it up, she's been my best friend for years, she's the person I always go to for advice and help etc. She's amazing and perfect and she's got a boyfriend, it's been almost a year now, and she quite often talks to me about him/them etc. I've been in love with her for a few years, and I still remember the exact place/day/lesson/table we met each other. I replay it in my head quite a lot.

Bsasically, I move on and then it hits me again that I still have feelings for her. But I have to move on, because it's getting to the point again, where I'm getting proper depressed about it again. I have to move on, and I was just wandering if anyone had any advice because I'm desperate right now, and I just need someone to talk to, because I obviously can't talk to her about it, and not many other people know I'm gay.

I'm sorry I've summed it up pretty brief, I was just wandering if there were any things that could help me move on, or if I'm just gunna have to suck it up and live with it.

Thanks, somegirl

2. DangerAlex

Apparently crushing on straight friends is incredibly common. Thankfully I was straight with absolutely zero interest in the same sex until I become curious recently, because I really didn't need the added stress and heartache of unrequited on top of all my other problems back then.

Considering the fact that you have tried moving on multiple times and it keeps coming back, you might want to at least consider the option to end the friendship. If it's causing you so much pain that you can't really enjoy being friends with her, then it's not worth it. If you can deal with the pain to save the friendship, then by all means, save it.

You might also consider having a conversation with her and telling her how you feel. If you do, make sure to be clear that you're not telling her in the hope that she'll feel the same way about you; instead, tell her you needed to get this off your chest as it's something you've really struggled with for quite a while. Chances are she'll be sympathetic to your pain, and maybe the two of you can discuss a course of action together. Also, if you decide to end the friendship, you'll probably have to have this conversation with her because she would probably want to know why you're ending your friendship; unless you're okay with possible resentment.

Otherwise, keeping distracted and trying to move on is definitely putting you on the right track. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful; you're in a rather difficult situation, and unfortunately only you know what would be best for you, none of us can really tell you what you "should" do. We can only offer advice based on what we would do.

Good luck. I hope this works out for you one way or another.