1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my daughters folliwings on twitter

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostyrs77, Apr 29, 2014.

1. lostyrs77

Wow. My 16yr old daughter had some lesbian things on her twitter. My wife verbally attacked her telling her to take it off. People see that and that's not something others should see. Then blamed me cause i am bi. I said what if one if our kids were gay. She said she would send them to a camp and if that didn't work disown them. It made me want to take my kids and get out. After my wife went in the shower I went in and talked to my daughter. I told her I loved her no matter what and that if she wants to talk to me I am here for her always. I also told her not to listen to her mother and to be and do what she wants and feels is right.
    -Sent free from TextNow.com

2. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    your wife sounds like a bitch

3. Clay

Well no mincing your words there, Best of Both.

Anyway it seems like you handled the situation with your daughter well. As long as she knows she has your support she should be ok, and I'm glad you put your daughter first.

4. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does your wife know that you are bi? I mean it doesnt make sense that she would love and accept you but not your children? Anyway you handled it the way it should have been handled

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I agree... Accepting you but not your daughter is pretty strange.

Anyway. You handled that nicely, I think. Your daughter needs to know that someone will be there for her if she needs support, especially after such an ardent rejection from her mother.

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats a terrible thing to happen.

Just remember to keep protecting and helping your daughter. You seem to be doing well so far.

7. lostyrs77

To answer the question about my wife. My wife knows I am bi. She was OK with it. We use to even check guys out together. Then a few years ago it was constant fighting. She became a different person. She said she thought it was gonna go away. I was completely caught off guard when this happened with my daughter. I did not think my wife would think that of her own children. I am not positive that my daughter is a lesbian but stuff she has on her twitter and Facebook show she might be trying to figure out who she is.

8. lovely lesbian

9. idk... i think it might have somethign to do with your daughter being a woman.... my mum (althought not the same as your situation) couldnt accept any women together yet she could accept the guys she knows as gay/bi. something to do with the gender perhaps.

but good to know your daughter has your support!

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can see u and ur wife getting into big fights about this. U should tell her that she needs to accept your daughter or if she doesn't then u will leave and take the kids with. Hopefully that won't be the case. U should ask her when she chose to be straight? And then maybe she'll be a little more open minded and start to accept your daughter.

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You are a good dad. I would feel terrible if something happened to your daughter, especially if she's going through a curious moment. At least you're there to support her if things go wrong :frowning2:

12. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever considered introducing your daughter to EC ?