1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

learning to accept myself

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Apr 30, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On some days, I love being a lesbian. Others, its really hard. I come from a super conservative family. I am a Christ Follower myself, and know God made me a lesbian. However, my parents have a hard time accepting it. Actually, they don't accept it at all. They won't let me wear my rainbow band in the house. Or talk about homosexuality. I get praised for not wearing my band. In this case, its hard to accept who I am. And its hard for me especially in my home. Yes, I do have straight allies, but some days it really hard for me to accept it, moreso around my parents.
    My parents do not want me wearing the band in church either. When I told him (my dad) I was a lesbian, his face got red. He wasn't angry, but some of my counselors at school suggest embarrassment or being ashamed.
    This makes it hard to accept who I am. Please help.
    :help::help::help:

2. lovely lesbian

I think it is sad that you get praised for not wearing your rainbow band because like you said it makes it harder for you to accept yourself.

#2 lovely lesbian, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might look into attending a gay-friendly church. Also, remember your sexuality is no one else's business. It's hard when your parents aren't accepting, but you should remember that their acceptance should not determine your happiness.