1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't wear rainbow at home

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Apr 30, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad is not accepting of my gay side and thinks it s choice. He doesn't let me wear my rainbow band. He is proud of my when I don't wear it. When I do , I get talked to not to wear it to church or at home. We are a very Christian family, and I believe God made me a lesbian. However, my parents don't approve.
    What should I do?

2. BelleFromHell

I'd fill your bathtub with Skittles and M&Ms...

As an agnostic from a mostly non-religious, theistic family, I can't say I know how much this sucks for you. (my "born-again Christian" father has given me a lot of crap for both my lesbianism and agnosticism, but I don't live with him)

My advice would be to ask your father WWJD?

Would Jesus judge someone just for being different?
    Would Jesus want someone to be ashamed for something they cannot control and that doesn't hurt anyone?
    Would Jesus tell someone to not be who they are or be proud of themselves?

3. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Rainbows are talked about in the Bible as a promise from G-d with man that he would watch over him. I'd say he needs to brush up on the symbolism of rainbows. Depending on context, at church it can symbolize that He made a promise to all who believe in Him. At home, it just means that who you are. Tough, dude.

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rainbow underwear.

If your dad notices *that* somehow (does he do the laundry?), you can be all, "Dad, your obsession with my dainties disturbs me. Perhaps we should talk about this with our pastor???"

:roflmao:

#4 all paths, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014