1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Talk to Your Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bisexualkpopfan, May 1, 2014.

1. Hey guys!! I hope you are all doing well!! :slight_smile:

Anyways, plain and simple, I just have this small crush on a girl who goes to the computer lab to do some of her online classes at our zoned school along with me, and well, yesterday, I got to sit by her for the first time and she did talk to me - Well, it was for help on an assignment, but I was still so happy that I wasn't invisible!!

However, I felt so ugly and horrible while doing so, which made me more shy and nervous than I already am! I do want to talk to her more, so next time, when she is there in my class, even if she doesn't sit by me - How do I bring up my confidence and beat my shyness and go and talk to her? And what to say? I think she is a lesbian, but she may have someone already - Either way though, I still want to at least try to be friends with her, because I want to get to know her more, I really do.

Thanks for all the help guys!! :slight_smile:

2. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

You don't have to treat the person like you're dating already :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just start by becoming friends and then you can take it from there! A girlfriend or a boyfriend is still a friend, so treat them like one, and if there is any chemistry between you then it will take off from there.

Also, don't be so self-conscious, I'm sure you're beautiful and amazing, and if they are worth dating, or even jut being friends with, they won't judge you on how you look of all things c: Good luck with wherever this takes you :grin:

3. Oh okay, thanks for reminding me of that. I guess I am sort of thinking about making a move with her, but I better slow it down a bit! I probably wouldn't have made a move yet anyway because I'm so shy lol xD And aww, thank you soooo much!! That means a lot(*hug*) I'm not necessarily pretty, but yeah, I guess they aren't worth my time if they are going to judge me off of my looks!!

Thank you so much for this advice!! You gave some great tips and I feel better about this already!! I hope everything is going great with your love life and life in general too!! Thanks again :slight_smile:

4. shadowraptor

You should definitely make friends with her before you make a move... but if you get to know her and she seems nice, your crush may intensify. Not that I'm discouraging you from befriending her, but I just hope you don't end up in the "have a crush on my straight friend" situation that so many people end up in, for your sake.

But on the other hand, it may turn out she's not really a good person to be around. So I think your best bet is just to make nice before taking it any further, and determine if she is really worth your affection :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. Oh okay, yes, I should just make sure I know the type of her person she is though first. I would hate to fall in love with someone who wouldn't love me like that or a person that is entirely different that who I thought they were. Thank you so much for the advice! :slight_smile: