1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I even bother anymore? Really need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, May 3, 2014.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so, this is slightly long. There's this girl who i've been in class with for 2 years but it wasn't until last year that we actually became friends. Basically over months of getting to know her I started feeling something for her. At first I didn't think much of it but now it's getting worse. I usually back off right away when I feel like I definitely don't have a chance but she made me question the idea of trying. She's "straight" but I sometimes question the things she says. it could mostly be that she's overly friendly but she also knows that I'm bisexual and leaning towards women. She occasionally texts me that she misses me. like one day while she was at work she texted me "Miss you <3" but I LITERALLY saw her the day before and the one before that too...so how can I be missed already? it kinda confuses me because not even my really close friends tell me they miss me as much as she does.

and on valentines day she texted me "Happy valentines day" with a bunch of emoticons which she sent out to other friends too BUT when i replied back she ended up screenshotting my text message and uploading it on her instagram with a caption that read "<3 she made my day #loveofmylife" and this is before she uploaded anything about her and her boyfriend on v-day.

on st.pattys day while we were getting drinks at the bar, I caught her staring at me through the corner of my eye. when I looked toward her we made quick eye contact for like 2-3 seconds. i smirked at her and she smiled and looked away. she often would say to me "you're cute" or "you're perfect" in a friendly way. and one time she even took a picture of me just because she thought i looked really cute and uploaded it on to her instagram. She also mentioned while we were at the bar that she gets more nervous approaching girls than guys in general. because there was this girl wearing a shirt that she liked and wanted to know where she got it from. so i told her to just ask her but was nervous to ask.

Not too long ago in school she surprised me by buying a shirt from my "coming-out campaign" that i'm working on. she's the FIRST person to support my campaign by buying the shirt. so in school she surprised me by wearing it. i gave her the biggest hug and she seemed to really enjoy it. i told her i wanted to take a picture of her wearing it and she said "next time. i'll wear it again and look cute for you." then gave me a cute little hug. we walked each other after class and told me to drive her home because she wanted to talk to me more.

Honestly my intuition told me she might be interested but i don't know if it's because I really like her. I think at the very least she could be a closet bi-curious or bi-sexual. because she has made out with her bestfriend before on new years. But anyway, she's not with her boyfriend anymore. they broke up because apparently he was a dick to her. and her ex-ex has been trying to talk to her again but she blew him off several times because she said when she was with her ex-ex they never said i love you and the relationship just didn't have enough passion or excitement which is why she broke up with him in the first place but lately he has been texting her and trying to get back with her and she started talking to him again as friends. which really upset me because i feel like she's only doing it because she knows he'll take her back in an instant. but it makes me upset that she's actually talking to him again after she said he just wasn't for her. she was talking to a mutual friend next to us yesterday when i heard about all this. and it just tore me apart because I really wanted to tell her how i feel about her in general. because I don't think she knows that i like her. should i still tell her? I mean I never really made a move on her because she was in a relationship. but now that she's single and STILL talking to her ex-ex I don't know...although she isn't positive about going back out with her ex-ex. So they're just friends

#1 ogzltheeve, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think there are some signs she likes you more than a friend. Since she knows you're bi, you should be safe saying you have feelings for her. There really isn't much risk because either she will correct you and say she was just being friendly or she will reciprocate; it's highly unlikely she would get upset. She probably even has a good hunch you like her, even if you never said anything. There's no point in waiting; she might go back with the "ex-ex" because he's the only one showing clear interest.

3. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for your response! It's funny because I thought the same thing but I'm just spending way too much time being unsure of how she feels because it isn't so obvious. I guess I'll just have to put my foot down. It's better to know for sure than to keep playing the guessing game :confused:

4. BIazn07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think every one is a "little" gay inside. some people just don't wanna explore it like we do :wink: but back to your question, As you mention your "coming out campaign" I'll take it as you're out and about..? if you are, it should be a little easier. you don't have to worry about other people. All you really have to worry about is how to figure her out. You can either to it the easy and faster way by asking her, or you can do the long way by waiting for more signs. But then again time is always essential, you never know somebody else might be sweeping her off her feet while you are just waiting there trying to figure her out. and she might get tired of doing so. so go girl!