1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, AGH D@$%^&

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by animequeen567, May 3, 2014.

1. animequeen567

I really gotta work on the whole talking things out with my girlfriend I guess. Why does it make me so anxious? Stupid anxiety is gonna kill me. I just made an idiot of myself. Waiting this long to ask about something, and now I asked and I feel like an idiot for even worrying. I mean yes what she said was slightly worrisome, but not nearly as bad as I thought. Mostly ranting and venting. I've been holding something in for a while that caused me stress for nothing. :***:!

Okay, let me explain. I was hanging out with my girlfriend and my best friend a while back and we were at a fast food place and I overheard her talking about her ex that I only got bits and pieces of causing me to worry for nothing because I didn't get the whole story. I'm a fucking idiot. AGH! I finally asked her about it after like 2 weeks and now just AGH! I feel stupid. Apparently she was talking to him and got the impression he was still wanting a relationship with her. I misinterpreted that so badly. :bang: I didn't yell at her though, I just asked, but I still feel like an idiot. I'm such an idiot! AGH! :bang:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just learn from your mistake and move on. No sense in beating yourself up. Focus on your insecurity: you can't always be watching or listening to what your girlfriend is doing. So, you will have to have some trust in her. Of course, "trust but verify" is a useful tool, but don't take it too far. You just have to be realistic and think to yourself what motive does she have to cheat on you or do anything to harm you. Only you can know.

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not such a big deal! You realised that you misinterpreted it and made a mistake, and acknowledging that is a very good thing. Don't worry about it so much :slight_smile: